Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this the dye code -

-> 801A<--

(taken from data sheet) that I would use if I were to get some leather dye to repair some scuffs on the seats:

Paint code 1: 197U OBSIDIAN BLACK
Equipment: 801A LEATHER/NAPPA/SEMI-ANILINE- BLACK/ANTHRACITE

·
Administrator - Founding Member
92,880 Posts
I don't believe so
That should just be the option code for that color leather

·
Super Moderator
11,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
92,880 Posts
I don't believe so. Let's see what others say

·
92,880 Posts
Thanks Tim

·
Super Moderator
11,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I found a website that shows it as "schwarz" (surprise) and lists 4 diff colour codes, 271 being one of them.

I cant sign in to photobucket (for some weird reason) so I can't post a pic of that list.

I'll wait for others to respond. I'm just looking into it now. No hurry.

·
92,880 Posts
I found a website that shows it as "schwarz" (surprise) and lists 4 diff colour codes, 271 being one of them.

I cant sign in to photobucket (for some weird reason) so I can't post a pic of that list.

I'll wait for others to respond. I'm just looking into it now. No hurry.
you can upload the list as a pdf or a jpg, etc
or email it to me (u have my email i think)

·
Super Moderator
11,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here's the pic (had to open an acccount in Imgur. Photobucket has loads of complaints from paying folks that can't get in/can't upload a thing after their "upgrade".
http://imgur.com/a/LRgBf
Lower right corner of pic shows the code

·
Super Moderator
11,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Super Moderator
9,991 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
I don't believe so
That should just be the option code for that color leather
Aren't the leather seats covered with vinyl like all of today's "leather interiors. No need for leather conditioner of the seats are not porous. I have the red bengal leather and I cannot rub the color out. Vinyl covered,

·
Super Moderator
11,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Tks folks.

Doubt its covered by vinyl. The scuff/gouges just below the "black" certainly looks like leather that's been scuffed. There are no edges that are separated that would suggest a covering.

My Magnum that also has leather seats and a gouge has the same look.

Aren't the leather seats covered with vinyl like all of today's "leather interiors. No need for leather conditioner of the seats are not porous. I have the red bengal leather and I cannot rub the color out. Vinyl covered,
I'm not disagreeing with you. I'm just reporting what it looks like to my eye. My data card references leather several times. I'm assuming they can't call it leather if its mbtex.

Your reference to vinyl is called MBTEX http://www.loebermotors.com/blog/what-is-mb-tex-seat-upholstery/ So I have no idea.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts