Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hope this is a simple question.

Are all Command/NAV units (2005-up) capable of playing MP3's from a home burned DVD? :confused:

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,389 Posts
just in the single unit and not in the 6 disk changer on 08 and early. 09 the multidisk is in the comand unit and plays dvds

·
Premium Member
548 Posts
make sure you remove all the ID3 tags and convert the MP3s to 128kbps. Otherwise you'll endure very slow track searching/switching

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
also as you organize your songs, there's a limit to the number of songs per folder that it will recognize. It's either 99 or 256, I don't recall at the moment. Try a search:)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you all very much for the feedback. I put a standard DVD movie in the main unit slot and I get a disk error. I read on the forums that I should get sound only. Anyway, I burned an MP3 test DVD disk using Roxio and we'll see how it goes. I was never clear as to whether all Command based NAV head units would play a DVD MP3 disk (or if it was another option).

:Beer:

·
Sadly Woolly has passed away
17,375 Posts
All COMAND units will play MP3 CDs or DVDs. US spec COMAND units will not play 'videos' i.e. DVD movies.

·
Registered
610 Posts
On my '05 I've never been able to play a MP3 DVD in my head unit either. I've always assumed it was only CD capable. I thought the DVD unit came with NTG 2.5 - am I mistaken?

·
98,389 Posts
09 comands play video in states but only when parked

·
98,389 Posts
wmas play on the 09. i know they did not on my old 05

·
Registered
610 Posts
I used Roxio to create an MP3 DVD (selected Joliet as the protocol). It works. :rb
Very cool! When I tried this out and it didn't work the first time I just figured the drive couldn't read DVD's. However, I just tried again and it works great. Thanks for bringing this up and getting me to think about it again. That's what I love about this group - you get answers to questions you didn't even know you had :Beer:

·
Premium Member
548 Posts
I haven't had success with 320kbps.

I stick to 128kbps and remove the ID3 tags. Now I have no problem cycling through tracks quickly!

It also speeds up the loading time of each song.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.