Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered 2005 SLK350-sold
997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I made a DVD MP3 disc for my COMAND NAV 2005 SLK.
It has 435 MP3 in about 160 artists folders with subfolders for albums maybe 2.5GB total
I burned with IMG burn, IS09660 Joliet MODE1, burned at 4x (lowest option)
Stripped ID3 tags

It plays perfect center display shows first 15 or so characters of file name, sounds great, everything is swell.
BUT I didn't like files in artist\album\ folders so I re did it with just artist folder, AND I renamed all the MP3s to only include track title for better display, then I burnt it with the same exact settings same program, same drive, next disc on the spindle... (DVD-R Memorex) and it plays like crap, MP3s skip/jump, read times are horrible, disc load time is randomly horrible.
I can't figure out what changed to make it less usable. I want to try some double layers loaded up, but not until I get the DVD-R process stable.

·
Founding Member 2006
108,901 Posts
I use roxio juke box mode and burn at slowest speed

·
997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Correction, I just checked both discs, and both are artist folders only, no subfolders for albums. I wonder if I did something odd when removing id3 tags, I'll try again. So odd, the one plays perfect, I just wanted to rename the files to get rid of things like track numbers. 2nd disc had basically the same files, same bitrates. rrgghh

·
Founding Member 2006
108,901 Posts

·
997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well disc #3 fails as well, but I dug a bit deeper, the 1st disc that worked great had 116 artist directories, one of them was "Compilations" I changed those files so they made actual directories for the real artist and ended up with 163 artist folders. Manually browsing the folder list on the COMAND screen, I only got down to the "S" items (Stevie Nicks...) and that was the 111th folder out of 163. SO, I just tried making 2 folders at the root A-J and K-Z and put 73 & 90 artists in those and will try that out. OR maybe I need to be patient and let it sit in there for an hour, I really don't think it indexes the contents of the disc, sound correct?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.