Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here likely to need an MB car seat soon? My daughter is nearly grown out of hers so I've ordered the next size up. I thought I'd offer it on on here before selling on ebay.

Let me know if you are interested in the old seat as I intend to put it on ebay when the new one arrives.

The seat is in good condition, we bought it new and its only been used a few times a week for a short trip to her nursery. Its been in a smoke free car and not had any accidents.

It'll fit in any car and a great fit for the SLK. It has the MB transponder that disables the passenger airbag if you use it the front of MB cars.

It can be secured with a seatbelt or with ISO-fix (the prongs retract so you can use it in a non ISO fix seat like the SLK).

I have the original box.

The official MB details are:

DUO plus child seat

The ideal seat for growing passengers, suitable for use over several years.

Adjustable to resting and sleeping positions with a single handle, the Duo plus combines exceptional comfort with safety.

For ages: approximately 8 months – 4 years
For weights: 9-18kg

• Automatic Child Seat Recognition (AKSE)
  • Brace-type belt system with force limitation and adjustable seat belt length
  • Tilt adjustment
  • Optimum protection against side-on collision impacts
  • Hard-wearing, washable cover
  • Standard ISOFIX mounting
I've found a pic of the same model and fabric online, I'll obviously send detailed pics of our seat if anyone is interested.

·
Premium Member
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
By the way, we're getting our next seat from Werner-automobile on ebay. I'm sure that's the place we bought our OEM wind break from a few years ago.

Including P&P it'll cost £250, while the cheapest new I could get in the UK was £315. Thank goodness for free trade in the EU!

Also, if you can avoid currency charges if pay with paypal, and they charge to your credit card in £.

Link to Werner,

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/wernerautomobile

·
Premium Member 2008 SLK55 AMG
1,564 Posts
Thats a great child seat for a little girl, and she will miss it! Ours is rather beigy and plain but does the job, i suppose.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Hello Richard

I'm going to need a child seat soon, my doughter is now 9 months old. We have child seat in our other car but i'm going to need seat to my SLK350 too. Do you know can that seat of yours be placed car so that the childs head is facing back side of the car?

·
Registered
108 Posts
How much are you asking for the seat? and how much would the sending cost to Finland be?

·
Premium Member
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Finn - The seat can't be rear facing. The only MB rear facing seat is the smallest one for babies. I know that Scandinavian countires are keen on rear facing seats up to 3 years old (Volvo make them), but that has not spread to Stuttgart yet!

I was going to look at the typical ebay price for recent sales of the same seat. I'll also see what DHL charge for shippig to Finland, they have a nearby drop off desk.

Are you in a rush? I might not get to research this until the weekend.

Richard

·
Registered
108 Posts
And i'm the new owner:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.