Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are you worn out from all that Xmas Hubbla ?? Than enjoy a rerun from 1991. :wink::wink:

Review of the 1991 DTM Championship.
English commentary.

1991 saw Audi as the first manufacturer in history to successfully defend a DTM title. This time the winner was Frank Biela.

·
AND MABEL
14,061 Posts
Better than what's on the TV, I'm going to watch these two vids over the festive when I get 3 hours to myself. It'll be a wee trip down memory lane as I used to love watching the DTM series almost as much as the BTCC. Some great drivers in there. :tu:

·
Registered
151 Posts
It'll be a wee trip down memory lane as I used to love watching the DTM series almost as much as the BTCC. Some great drivers in there. :tu:
Agree totally. In those days they used the full Nurburgring as well. Remember some of the in car footage with Bernd Schneider, insane speeds in those Class 1 DTM cars. They also had an in-car cameras looking across at the drivers, eyes out on stalks was the norm.

All my old VHS video tapes of the coverage have died of old age and no longer play, unfortunately. :frown:

·
AND MABEL
14,061 Posts
Agree totally. In those days they used the full Nurburgring as well. Remember some of the in car footage with Bernd Schneider, insane speeds in those Class 1 DTM cars. They also had an in-car cameras looking across at the drivers, eyes out on stalks was the norm.

All my old VHS video tapes of the coverage have died of old age and no longer play, unfortunately. :frown:
My old video tapes have passed away too. Hours of excellent racing footage gone. :crying: I used to watch them during the winter months when there wasn't much motorsport on the box. Thank the Big Man for YouTube I say! :tu:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts