Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
guys whats the best drying towel i am looking at a possible 3 dodo drying towel the uber one or the wooly mamoth,
many thanks

·
Administrator - Founding Member
92,880 Posts
movng to the caring for your slk section

·
Premium Member
3,548 Posts
I've been using a leaf blower to blow the majority of the water off the car and then finishing up with a microfiber.

It really helps with the wheels - gets most of the water off quickly so that I can put the tire shine on without waiting.

·
Sadly Gregg has passed away
2,432 Posts
I've been using a leaf blower to blow the majority of the water off the car and then finishing up with a microfiber.

It really helps with the wheels - gets most of the water off quickly so that I can put the tire shine on without waiting.
I also do the electric leaf blower trick and it works extremely well. I've spent tons on microfiber towels, but I find very well worn cotton towels absorb water more quickly. I buy them very cheaply at local yard sales.

·
Super Moderator/Florida Event Coordinator
13,824 Posts
I found an old but still good chamois while cleaning out the garage and was wondering if anyone still used them? I haven't used it on the SLK yet.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
I found an old but still good chamois while cleaning out the garage and was wondering if anyone still used them? I haven't used it on the SLK yet.
I don't; I use microfiber cloths exclusively now for the body of the car. Haven't used a chamois in several years. I still use cotton terry cloth (old bath towels, actually) for the wheels and wheel wells when I go so far as to jack the car up and remove each wheel sequentially to scrub the wheel wells.

·
Premium Member
3,548 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,234 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,234 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,328 Posts
I too use a leaf blower to blow off the car after washing and is great for getting water out of the hidden places, like around the lug bolts, behind mirrors, and seams.

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
Leaf blower is the way to go after a wash. One small 16x16 microfiber towel after that will dry a whole car, including the door sills and around trunk and hood edges. The leaf blower leaves the wheels and tires so dry that they are ready for dressing with no drying. Also stops the majority of drips around side mirrors, vents, etc.

For the towels, I use the Griots micro fiber towels often for polish and wax removal. But I love the rag company blue edgeless towels for the detailing between washes and for drying after a wash. Using either the Griots Speed Shine or the Chemical Guys Hybrid V7 (love the glossy shine after a spray and buff), I use these towels for wiping off the car, then another to buff to a shine. These towels are so soft and the long nap captures any dust so it doesn't scratch. (I only use to remove dust and water spots, not dirt.) Anyone with a black car and an obsessive personality knows how frequently you need to use a good detailing spray and soft towel.

It is above, but here's the link to the towels. These are by far my go-to towels for drying and detailing. One tip, make sure to wash the towels (no dryer sheets or fabric softener) a couple of times before first use to have them absorb well for drying the car.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Wash with Dodo Juice "Born to be mild" rinse, leafblower then waffle weave drying towel to apply Duragloss Aquawax and dry at same time. Superb results as the Dodo Juice does not remove the existing wax and the windows do not get waxy (shampoo has no wax in it).

·
Registered
6 Posts
Water Sprite synthetic chamois. Best ever. Don't use a leather chamois. It'll strip any polish or wax off the car. I used to be in the AD business. I know about such things.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts