Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
R)

I love Mercedes-Benz and since I was a child I remember my parents having several MB's in the garage, such cars as a 450 SLC, 1980 560 S-class, 93 300SL-24V and many others.

Mercedes-Benz passion is in my blood, as I remember my father saying "Quality,Prestige and Robust" every time I mention the reason of having a car with the three pointed star in our garage. I believe his saying is true, I've owned two Mercedes-Benz since I graduated from Law School in 1997 and I have never faced any major problems with them. My 1999 ML320 was relatively trouble free till I sold it last year in which it covered 205,000km.

I now have an SLK55 that I truly love,appreciate and take care of and to tell you the truth I don't drive it alot because I am busy with work and that its pretty low in regards to ground clearance. If I want to drive it, I usually take it out on the weekends were I am calm,relaxed and enjoy the car properly without having work and other things pop into mind.

The car is out of this world it feels like a dedicated track car in comparison to the sedan like XKR which feels much more loose or comfortable interms of suspension feel, the car just begs to be pushed hard the Carlsson,Supersprint/Kleemann exhaust combination sounded brutal and since the car is tinted it grabbed everyones attention at the traffic light.

I've welded my leg to the gas pedal and it reminded me that I am in a small car that is the size of a jacuzzi with a 5.4L V8 that has gobs of torque down low.

The car looks so menacing when wet and due to the rain today I had some fun encounters with ESP off, I love this car and I really didn't want to leave the cabin after I got suited to it.

I was afraid the car might turn off due to having such low gas on reserve, I finally arrived to the local gas station and filled it up with 98 octane for the equivalent of 20 dollars :tu:

Here are some pictures "teasers" of my day, I hope you like them.

Mohammed at the gas station, waiting in line to fill the SLK with gas. Notice how low on gas the car is ?

Absolutely gorgeous, I cannot move, just starring at the black beauty.

In conclusion, an international way of expressing my feelings towards this car, tres bien, bellisema , fantastic and in arabic "Rawaa'a"

More pictures coming soon :burnout:

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Glad to see you out and about in the car Mohammed, have fun! :tu:

·
Registered
367 Posts
I know I do. Any time I think about looking at another car, I just put the top down, or put my right foot down. No other car offers what this one does. Quality of fit and finish and materials, POWER, solid roof when it rains and no roof when it doesn't.

Now with my new rear tires that are much quieter than the old ones I have once again fallen in love with the intoxicating exhaust note. It is a shear pleasure to drive the car day in and day out.

I think if any of this wasn't true I wouldn't get tons of comments on how it looks etc. Just today I had someone roll down their window and tell me how sharp it looked.

One of the funnier moments I have had is when some construction workers in a Ford cargo/work van rolled down the window and wanted to race.

Never have I owned another car that has brought me this much enjoyment and pleasure.

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Nice write up. The car really doesn't tire in my mind one little bit. No matter how much I drive it, how many pictures I take, it continuously prompts a wow in looks and fun.

·
Founding Member
4,599 Posts
Thanks for sharing your experience Mo, looks like I might be driving my SLK tomorrow, was going to take it out today but didn't, the roads are clear and there isn't much snow, gravel, salt on the road. I'm excited.

·
Registered
775 Posts
I garage my SLK several miles from my house in winter. When ever I go to check on it, I get a rush. It's almost as if I forget that I own it. Sort of "out of sight, out of mind". We will be building a new house with a 3 car garage later this year. Then I'll be able to visit my car every day even in the winter.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I can't imagine living where I couldn't drive mine for months at a time. I was out of the country for 2 weeks in December and since I pamper so much and don't drive in the rain I went about 3 weeks without driving her. It was such a rush to get back in her and get out on the road again....that feeling never seems to go away with this car.

·
Premium Member
10,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you for the kind words everybody and I guess when you are separated from the car due to work, rain ,snow and other circumstances you get to appreciate the car more in comparison to driving it everyday and that is exactly how I feel "a super car in my book" let say.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Some nice alternatives....if you can't take out the SLK:tu:...

Car looks great, love the color...very james bond....dresses up nice but can kick some a** when needed..

·
Banned
696 Posts
i'm starting to think if i had gotten the wrong color... i love the black!!

That is interesting. All of my MBs prior to the S600 were 'silver'. When I got the black S I started to feel that way also.

But, I tell myself that black is not a good color for Bangkok as it shows the dirt.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts