Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Kleemann Headers & ECU- SLK55 AMG is in the shop, the process has begun.

Okay, this is it...
The headers will arrive at the shop Monday, so I took the AMG down today and dropped it off so they could pull the ECU and get it to Colorado for reprogramming.

The next time I drive the car, it will be a fire breathing, louder, faster ROCKET!!>:D

(Edge of my seat? Oooooh.... yeah!) :grin:

·
Administrator - Founding Member since 2006
94,100 Posts

·
94,100 Posts
One member has my beast, i have the beast. you may have el beasto!

·
94,100 Posts
um? the mod is headers n tune right? what would the 2nd picture look like compared to the 1st? facing the other way? :D :D

·
94,100 Posts
If you haven't asked them, please ask them to take pictures of as many things they can. old exhaust new exhaust old side by side before installing new. underside, etc. pics of ecu. pics of pipes. pics of removed cats, etc

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If you haven't asked them, please ask them to take pictures of as many things they can. old exhaust new exhaust old side by side before installing new. underside, etc. pics of ecu. pics of pipes. pics of removed cats, etc
Sure, just for records?

I snapped this one when I got the oil changed.

·
94,100 Posts
yes but more for your before and after. and for when you add pics to your garage/album(s)

·
Premium Member
17,942 Posts
Now I am going to have to make a trip to Bend to see/hear it later on this spring/summer. Looking real nice.

·
Premium Member
1,722 Posts
Hi All

Its like that line out of an old old movie " I give you the boy give me back the man" .

Did you ever thing you should of had the pipe/ecu work done first before the detail work :surprise:

Cheers

Andy

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi All

Its like that line out of an old old movie " I give you the boy give me back the man" .

Did you ever thing you should of had the pipe/ecu work done first before the detail work :surprise:

Cheers

Andy

Nope, the idea never crossed my mind.
I'm curious as to why that might be considered the preferred sequence.

·
94,100 Posts
They will get fingerprints and dirt on your nicely detailed car.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It was going to have to be touched at some point. lol

I'm not too worried about keeping it sparkling all the time, the reason for the detail was to buff out all the hairline scratches, restore the paint, repaint the grill, touch up some chipped spots and get a nice coat of wax on it.

Clean... I can do that anytime. :grin:

·
AND MABEL
14,206 Posts
It was going to have to be touched at some point. lol

Wow, a finish like that and you'll let people touch your car! :surprise:
I'm not sure Jeff would forgive anyone for committing that discretion on The Beast! :D

·
94,100 Posts
I warned him Davie! Let the pollen fall where it may!

·
94,100 Posts
From the guys who did my headers/tune when I posted about fingerprints when I picked it up:

Read your post...sorry about the finger prints if it was from my guys.......I'm real careful about cleaning customer's cars that I don't know. It's obvious you take care of your car very well....people have their own methods.

Where were the prints? I didn't see any.....looked at it inside, outside and even at the dealer in the drive...didn't see any. Maybe it was the lot porter guys! Ha.

Sorry about that.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts