Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Founding Member
4,599 Posts
Looks like you are a sticker collection? Luggage definately different.

·
Banned
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looks like you are a sticker collection? Luggage definately different.
Some of the hotel stickers are very unique. Most colorful ones come from Asia and Africa. Before settling in Bangkok I spent most of my nights in distant hotels.

Attachments

·
Banned
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you for sharing, Very nicely designed.
I actually like the Sticker with two penguins at the Hotel Polar etc.
It was actually a Chilian Antarctic research station that also doubled as a hotel. To reach it we flew in on a Chilian Air Force plane. While there we moved about in helicopters. There were NO cars there. But there were some Russian landing craft (that ran on water and land).

I prefer The Oriental in Bangkok for long term stays. :)

Attachments

·
Premium Member 2017 SLC 300 Founding member #7
2,158 Posts
Hey, I've been to Douala. :)

My wife and I lived in Ghana West Africa for a few years teaching math at a teacher training school. One summer vacation we went down to Zambia and had to stop at Kinshasa and Lubumbashi Zaire on the way down and Douala, Cameroons on the way back. Made a side trip to Mt Buea (sp?) while waiting to catch the plane back from Douala. Went to small zoo in a town near there. No one seemed to be around at the zoo, but the gate was open so we went in. Saw a chimp climbing around in a tree. It got a nut, came down, walked out to the middle of a wet, grassy area where there was a rock, picked up another rock and broke open the nut. Then he looked up and saw us watching him. He came running over by us and grabbed my wife by the leg with his now wet hands. She screamed and backed up against a cage of mandrills. They reached through the bars and grabbed her from behind. Another scream. Luckily, then everybody let go.

Later we learned that the chimp runs freely there and doesn't like women. The chimp had been known to BITE women, so my wife was lucky.

So your bag stickers bring back some memories :) I suspect with that many stickers, you have some memories too...

Oh, and in Zambia we went on a walking safari out in the bush for a week in a group of about 8 people. It was GREAT! Saw lots of wildlife including elephants, cape buffalo, crocodiles in the streams we forded, and rhinos amongst many things we saw there. Again, great memories.

·
Banned
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey, I've been to Douala. :)

My wife and I lived in Ghana West Africa for a few years teaching math at a teacher training school. One summer vacation we went down to Zambia and had to stop at Kinshasa and Lubumbashi Zaire on the way down and Douala, Cameroons on the way back. Made a side trip to Mt Buea (sp?) while waiting to catch the plane back from Douala. Went to small zoo in a town near there. No one seemed to be around at the zoo, but the gate was open so we went in. Saw a chimp climbing around in a tree. It got a nut, came down, walked out to the middle of a wet, grassy area where there was a rock, picked up another rock and broke open the nut. Then he looked up and saw us watching him. He came running over by us and grabbed my wife by the leg with his now wet hands. She screamed and backed up against a cage of mandrills. They reached through the bars and grabbed her from behind. Another scream. Luckily, then everybody let go.

Later we learned that the chimp runs freely there and doesn't like women. The chimp had been known to BITE women, so my wife was lucky.

So your bag stickers bring back some memories :) I suspect with that many stickers, you have some memories too...

Oh, and in Zambia we went on a walking safari out in the bush for a week in a group of about 8 people. It was GREAT! Saw lots of wildlife including elephants, cape buffalo, crocodiles in the streams we forded, and rhinos amongst many things we saw there. Again, great memories.
The toughest jungle walk I ever made was when we visited the mountain gorillas in Rawanda (before the unrest).

I have heard that before about monkeys (not liking women). I have no idea why.

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK55 AMG
3,053 Posts
actually, maybe it's cause they REALLY like the women...hahaha...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.