Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
I Like GTR2 by SimBin/Atari/10tacle.

They have a more recent game out, can't remember what it's called, but it has the Nordschleife circuit on it. I don't think my present PC has enough grunt, but I may just have to try it.

I also like the old Grand Prix 4 gane from Geoff Crammond.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks

Still looking for games, i will look for those titles, I saw a game that has a slk 55 in it i think it was called test drive looked cool. Saw you play guitar, check out my bands sites NEUROTRASH and XRPM, also i have a bunch of stuff on u-tube, Germany rocks i was at oktoberfest 1998:rockon::usa:

·
Registered
258 Posts
The best racing game out there right now is Racedriver: GRID.

The most realistic race simulation game to date. Look up some trailers on gametrailers.com, like this one: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/32012.html

You need a decent computer to run it at maximum settings, and as such it's a visual treat, the physics and collisions are amazing and if you pair the game with a wheel such as the Logitech Momo, you'll feel like you're in the cockpit.

I play it on my gaming computer with a Core i7 920, 6GB of DDR3 and 2 GTX 280s in SLI, but I just recently upgraded my home theater system with a Q9550 and a 9800GT 1GB videocard, and I can max out the game as well on a 1920x1080 LCD TV.

·
Sadly Woolly has passed away
17,375 Posts

·
Thread Hijacker
2,798 Posts
The best driving games are on the PS3. Get one of those, not too expensive, but much more realisitic than the pc...

·
Registered
258 Posts
The best driving games are on the PS3. Get one of those, not too expensive, but much more realisitic than the pc...
What??! :biglaugh: No PS3 game can equal the the visual quality you can get on powerful gaming PC. A $500 dollar console simply doesn't have the processing power no matter how optimized the code and textures are.

You won't believe it until you see it, but the games on the PC approach cinematic quality. While there are many great looking games on the consoles, you just simply won't see the advanced physics and shader effects that are available in Microsoft's DirectX 10, a programing interface that can only be fully utilized by the most advanced PC videocards.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Yeah, what he said:confused::confused::confused::confused:
Ha, ha, sorry for the rant but DJ's uttered words of blasphemy in a PC gamer's world. :biglaugh: There's an ongoing battle between those who play consoles and the PC guys.

Anyway, DJ, didn't I just read in you Gun Video post that you got a new PC with 8 gigs of RAM? Let me know what model it is and I'll look over the specs and hook you up with some free game demos you can download from the internet. You'll need a big monitor, though, to fully appreciate the quality - I use a 24 inch HD Gateway for my gaming rig. Or you can hook it up to an HDTV.

A new game demo just came out that might interest you - it's called Tom Clancy's HAWX, and it's a combat flight simulation game.

Wait, 8 gigs of RAM? You must have gotten a Mac, 'cause for a regular store-bought PC that's usually an overkill and a 32-bit OS, which most Windows-based PCs ship with, can only address a maximum of 4 gig. Did you get a MAc with a pair of Xeon processors? If that's the case, the games will be a no-go.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Ha, ha, sorry for the rant but DJ's uttered words of blasphemy in a PC gamer's world. :biglaugh: There's an ongoing battle between those who play consoles and the PC guys.
I wasnt the rant, :soap:it was the Techno speak that completly lost me...... :confused: I can turn my laptop on and surf :Banane30:and do a bit of emailing and work stuff but the gubbins completly baffles me.....sorry.

I did once have the record for Donkey Kong in the pub.....but thats another storey.:biglaugh:

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
This is the link to the GTR game website...

http://www.gtr-game.com/

The new game with the Nordschleife is GTR Evolution. My PC is quite old now, so I don't know if it's able to cope with this and my new laptop probably doesn't have the graphics capability.

PCs can be pretty amazing for gaming, but you do need to keep up with the latest technology to play the latest games at full resolution and maximum pixel shader this and bump mapping that..

I've not played a great deal with a PS3, but for the dosh they look pretty decent graphicswise.

If I were seriously into driving gaming, then one of these would be on my shopping list..

http://www.visionracer.com/flash/index.html

Cheers!

·
Registered
914 Posts

·
Thread Hijacker
2,798 Posts

Anyway, DJ, didn't I just read in you Gun Video post that you got a new PC with 8 gigs of RAM? Let me know what model it is and I'll look over the specs and hook you up with some free game demos you can download from the internet. You'll need a big monitor, though, to fully appreciate the quality - I use a 24 inch HD Gateway for my gaming rig. Or you can hook it up to an HDTV.

A new game demo just came out that might interest you - it's called Tom Clancy's HAWX, and it's a combat flight simulation game.

Wait, 8 gigs of RAM? You must have gotten a Mac, 'cause for a regular store-bought PC that's usually an overkill and a 32-bit OS, which most Windows-based PCs ship with, can only address a maximum of 4 gig. Did you get a MAc with a pair of Xeon processors? If that's the case, the games will be a no-go.
I did get a new computer, and VERY sorry for hitting a nerve! :biglaugh:

I've never really used it for gaming, but my 16 year old son uses everything in the house for gaming. My original posting (sorry again!) was made because the PS3 interface is really cool, strictly from an observer's point of view. I spoil the kid and his older sister, and he has the PS3 and a Wii, and I have rigged the house for high-speed wireless, so he can use both his laptop and all of his smaller machines (PSP, Game Boy) to surf.

I use my computer for work and consulting. In addition to flying, I provide aviation technical advice to several large companies. That's why I'm always on-line (that, and posting on here...). My last desktop finally crumped, so I replaced it with an HP (get a big discount from them) with the AMD Phenom 9850 Quad-core (2.5 GHz) and 8GB of ram, 64 bit Vista OS. I hate Vista, btw. I do have a couple of Macs, but I need at least one MS computer to handle the proprietary software of a couple of my clients. I'm not a programmer by any stretch, just a high-end user. Some of what I do requires a bit of processing, so I have a six computer network at home, that includes both Macs and PCs.

The new box has both upgraded graphics and sound, but it's not a true gaming machine. I have played the latest Tomb Raider in it, believe it or not...

·
Registered
258 Posts
This is the link to the GTR game website...

http://www.gtr-game.com/

The new game with the Nordschleife is GTR Evolution. My PC is quite old now, so I don't know if it's able to cope with this and my new laptop probably doesn't have the graphics capability.

PCs can be pretty amazing for gaming, but you do need to keep up with the latest technology to play the latest games at full resolution and maximum pixel shader this and bump mapping that..

I've not played a great deal with a PS3, but for the dosh they look pretty decent graphicswise.

If I were seriously into driving gaming, then one of these would be on my shopping list..

http://www.visionracer.com/flash/index.html

Cheers!
That's one heck of a racing setup! I just use one of these Logitech wheels (that's my girlfriend's son playing), on this rig.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
I have used one of the vision-racer thingys and they are good fun, but it's unlikely that I would buy one for my own use at home. Right now at home I have a Logitech force feedback wheel with a two-pedal box on the floor. That seems to work quite well.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Well, DJ, you make me feel small!:biglaugh: I only use my PCs for fun.

Seriously, that new PC sounds pretty good, but it's the video card that matters the most.

I'm an automotive CAD designer, but at home, I just use my PCs for fun. I have this gaming rig and a home theater PC that I've built myself and that I periodically upgrade with the latest parts. Gaming for me is a way to get through these dreadful winters here in Michigan. I'm not a TV watcher, so I pass my time on the PC.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.