Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
we took a ride up yo Maine yesterday. temp about 60F when we started, reached about 65F on the way up. sun out, top down.

started back about 5pm. of course top was down. about 5:30pm saw a black slk in kittery (I Think) top was up. huh! it was a nice 57F then. temp was around 48F when we reached home ,never had to put the windows up. heater on though. about 5 1/2 hours of driving. mpg was off. only about 28.8

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sounds like a great trip. Were you along the coast?
yes, Rt1 basically. take 1a through NH, sometimes 103 off of 1 in Kittery Me then on 1A in Me through York. Always go through Portsmouth NH, detest the bypass. Unfortunately the RT1 bridge is closed. There's a seafood place in Me (Hebert Bros) we often stop at. little out of the way now with the bridge closed, but still go there. During the summer Mon and Weds they had lobster rolls for $5, Tues was oyster roll and Thurs was shrimp roll for $5.

·
Registered
34 Posts
benzspeed to all you

there's nothing better than seating behind th tri-star and taking in th air around,wth a smile from th rearview mirror.:NX:

·
Registered
17 Posts
We have had our SLK all throughout Maine, always with top down. Great place in York Harbor is the York Harbor Inn (downstairs pub) Great raw oysters and Guinness. Nothing better.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We have had our SLK all throughout Maine, always with top down. Great place in York Harbor is the York Harbor Inn (downstairs pub) Great raw oysters and Guinness. Nothing better.
stop there for tea a number of times. they just repaved a section of 103. teeth don't rattle anymore on that section.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts