Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered Looking for an SLK
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a r170 bought recently and have finding that the drivers window is noisey (sounds mettalic) and a bit jerky going up and down the passenger window is very smooth. Also when it gets to fully closed posistion there is a mettalic clunk as it stops anyone got any ideas is it just adjustment needed and is there a good guide with pics to adjusting windows ?

Dave

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
96,379 Posts

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
96,379 Posts

·
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks to everyone for the helpfull replies but still not sure lubing the seals is the answer as it sounds more like metal scrapping as the window goes up and down ?

Dave

·
Per ardua ad cineris.
1,039 Posts
Resolved?

Old thread re-opened.

Dave,
Did you resolve this issue?
Door strip-down here, if this helps.
Anon

·
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not resolved yet I just don't seem to get the time to work on the car. I really need to strip the drivers door as the door card is not sitting right at the top now you can see the backing showing. I think when I stuck the clips back on (when replacing speakers) they cant be in exactly the right place and its put stress on the door card so now I might have a ruined one.

Dave

·
Per ardua ad cineris.
1,039 Posts
Metallic clonk

If the clonk is a solid noise, from the front of the door, then it might well be the end-of-travel stop that defines how high the front of the window can rise. The part glued to the glass is normally naked metal, but the stop bolted to the door has a rubber coating, so it would be a thud, not a clonk.
So you might have worn through the coating, or the bolt has come loose (hence the bracket is clonking against the door skin).

No matter what, you've got to get in there; spreading some LM love will make it better!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.