Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All
Am i correct in thinking that on a 1999 230k that once the door shuts the window jumps up a tiny bit more.
My window does not always do it once i close the door but maybe a few mins later or sometimes later than that
would putting lubricant on the seals fix this or is there something else wrong?

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,187 Posts
yes, they all do, but within 1 sec or so of shutting door. this is to reduce cabin pressure when shutting door

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh right, why would it not always do this st8 away.
Do i need to lubricate the seals to make a smoother motion?
If so what lubricant is recommended?

·
Registered
659 Posts
hmm.. mine doesn't either and it needs to. I have to either leave my window just slightly less than tight or get in, turn the key on, crack the window, shut the door, close the window.
My G35 has that feature and I've tried to think of how to make it on the SLK.

Anyone have more info on this?

·
Registered
659 Posts
bumping this up to see if anyone else (r170) has the issue or cares about it. Obviously you can adjust the window however as soon as you get a tight seal, it seems to be the same point to where the window has to JAM into the rubber upon shutting the door. I usually end up shutting my door two or three times when the window is up.

If enough people are interested, I can make a circuit to open/close the window a tiny bit. Maybe a nice little module that would plug into the window controls.

·
Registered
527 Posts
It also happens to me that I have to close the door a couple times if I don't push it hard enough... Makes me cringe when it goes "Bam" and I feel I'm treating my SLK hard!!

As for the little circuit, that might be a bit complicated I guess, cause it has to connect to both doors to slide the window down a bit upon opening and back up when door closes. Haven't looked at the circuitry yet to have a proper judgment...

·
Registered
496 Posts
That's not a standard feature on the R170. I think it's a option on the R171, however.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.