Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
*Registered
2008 SLK280
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
New member here. I've been on the forum reading quite a bit since I bought my SLK, this is my first post.

So I have a 2008 SLK 280, R171 and for about a week the driver's window has been acting weird.
The first thing I noticed was when I attempted to put the top down it didn't move the 1/4 inch or so that it should have, the trunk portion of the top opened but the top wouldn't move.
After that when attempting to put the window down it would go some of the way, stop, move up a bit, go down a bit again and it seemed completely random. A few days later everything worked fine, then the following day it started acting weird again.
I've taken the door panel off and tested for voltage on the motor connector. There is pressing the up button -6 when down on the green wire, 10v on two of the others. I don't see any damage to the regulator. I connected the motor to a 9v battery and it moves one direction at a time depending on how the polarity is applied.
I do hear a relay clicking in the door module when I press the window up/down buttons and get voltage from it.

Suggestions?
I might just buy a regulator motor off ebay and give that a shot since they're cheap enough

Thanks!

Eric

·
Founding Member 2006
107,864 Posts
Have you synched the window?

also try a battery reset first...

·
*Registered
2008 SLK280
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have you synched the window?

also try a battery reset first...
Hi J,
I did try that, left the battery off for about an hour, reconnected and synced the passenger window just fine.
I should also note that I removed the regulator motor from the door, and it doesn't move in either direction when it's connected to the door controller

·
Founding Member 2006
107,864 Posts
you need to synch all windows...front driver and front passenger at same time...did u?

then probably your dcm..door control module...the experts will jump in...

·
*Registered
2008 SLK280
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
you need to synch all windows...front driver and front passenger at same time...did u?

then probably your dcm..door control module...the experts will jump in...
I can try that again, the driver didn't move at all after I removed the battery.
So both window buttons have to be held at the same time if I understand that correctly? I think I remember doing them individually

·
Founding Member 2006
107,864 Posts
procedure after battery disconnect and reconnect is:

get in car
close door
start car
open both windows with driver's side window switch
close both windows and hold for an extra 2 seconds in up position
done

·
Founding Member 2006
107,864 Posts
Unfortunately, the window sync didn't work.
The driver window doesn't move at all
then dcm or window motor.
our experts will jump in
eu is sleeping and 10 pm here :D

·
Founding Member 2006
107,864 Posts
you check fuses?

·
Founding Member 2006
107,864 Posts

·
*Registered
2008 SLK280
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Read this.
So,as Jeff said,probably either motor or DCM. Probably window position can't be determined.
As you already ordered a motor lets hope that is the culprit.
Fingers crossed
The motor should be here in the next dew days. Worst case, I'm out $28 and move on to the next least expensive part :LOL:

Do you guys know if the window should move easily when the motor is disconnected? I noticed that I can't move it, just wondering if maybe the regulator might be stuck and that burned the motor out

Thanks again for the advice!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts