Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All!

My driver's side window is making me crazy! Last summer, for some reason, it came out of the track. I checked the forum here and found step by step instructions for disassembling the window. Well, I've done it so many time now, I could do it in my sleep!
I haven't driven my car for a while because what started as a simple brake pad replacement this spring turned out to be "Oh, the calipers are frozen, you need calipers and lines". Well, I just got that fixed last week and BAM, the window comes out again. :crying:
I can't see anything unusual when I take the door apart. Initially the little clips had fallen off so - again, following a tutorial from this forum - I used JB Weld and replaced them. The clips are holding up fine but as soon as I reassemble the door and attempt to raise/lower the roof - the window comes out and falls to the bottom of the door. I raised and lowered it at least ten times before putting the door back together and had no problem. It seems like something is grabbing/rubbing on the window and pulling it out of the track when the window goes down.
Anyone have this happen or have any ideas on what the issue is? I have the scissor type window mechanism. SLK230 1999. I'd really like to get this fixed so I can install my smart top kit and get back on the road before the weather turns crappy...

Thanks!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.