Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did a search w/o solutions found. The window in the driver's door won't budge. The door opens, but of course when it closes the window is on the outside of the seal.

Any guesses on the cause/solution? I'm planning on taking it to the dealer as soon as my m/c is out of the shop so I don't have to rent a car.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep. Just did it and no effect. Window is all the way up and doesn't budge when opening or closing the door and the switch has no effect as well. Passenger windows works normally.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,450 Posts
i was going to say 'reboot' (remove battery) like i do with my IT users but it sounds dead

·
97,450 Posts
good question Jon!

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
Very good question Jon - never paid much attention to it before, but the fuse chart shows 27,28,21,32, and 39! No clue if this is left/right, but it is labeled as front/rear..

·
Banned
7,812 Posts
Very good question Jon - never paid much attention to it before, but the fuse chart shows 27,28,21,32, and 39! No clue if this is left/right, but it is labeled as front/rear..
It was just a thought> I have no idea how they are fused. Suppose it wouldnt hurt to check them though :)

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts
Same suspicion as Ram stated -- a daft window control module or a cooked window motor.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Took it in for diagnosis yesterday. Mech determined it to be a bad motor. Parts on order, to be fixed on Tuesday.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm having them change out the roof window seals at the same time. Altogether it'll be a bit more than $700. Once I get the receipt, I'll post the details.

·
97,450 Posts
RileyD,

Welcome to the World’s Premier Mercedes-Benz SLK Community from Valrico, Florida!

Please update your location/vehicle (model and year) in your profile as it helps the members answer your questions which usually are based on that information.
‘Usercp’ at the top left of page, then ‘edit your details’ on the left side, ‘additional information’ near the bottom, edit your ‘location’ and ‘vehicle’.

You might want to post an introduction in the ‘New members introduce yourself here’ section, if you haven’t already.

Some tips to make your visit here more enjoyable:

If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top right of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before. Remember, ‘Search’ is your friend.
In addition, if you haven’t, please post your question in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response and only once. Be patient and a knowledgeable member or guest will address your question.
If you wish to PM (Private Message) someone, you need 15 posts. To get those 15 posts quickly, just go to the ‘New members introduce yourself here’ section and welcome enough new members to obtain your needed posts to PM.
New members and guests should be aware that the 'New Posts' link next to the 'Search' link top right of the info bar is a great way to see all of the posts you have missed since you were on the forum last.

Also vote or enter our Ride of the Month competition: http://www.slkworld.com/rotm-submissions-voting/

Thank you,
Jeff
Founding Member/Moderator

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Tsk, now they're saying the motor's fine and the problem is the control module. Said that from the computer, you can't tell until you swap out the motor. Seems to me that if that's the case, they should have ordered both parts and then they'd be ready either way. But noooo, the car gets to spend another two days in the shop. :(

I'll let you know the final tab when I get it. Oh well, the Goldwing needed some miles anyway. It's just better when it's not February when she gets 'em. :-/

·
Premium Member 2013 SLK250
2,424 Posts
hope you did not have to pay for a new motor when that was not the problem. They missed it as should make it good for you. Their error.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I was worried about that too at first. But I think they're sending the motor back and I'm not getting charged for that. We'll see about the labor when I get the invoice.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.