Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all. I have read all the posts about the drain issues on here and other forums but for the life of me can't get this sorted. I have checked all the 8 known drain points and they all seem to drain away properly with no blockages. My question is which one would be directing the water into the driver side sill..???....when I pull out the front jack point plug, a gallon or 2 of water comes streaming out. Why does the water get directed here...???? should the sill have its own drain point somewhere as well which may be blocked, that I can't find. I really would appreciate some help here cos my next attempt is going to be a large hole drilled in the sill ( only joking )....thanks guys.

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK350
6,796 Posts
Considering the weather you've had, is the sill under water???

Seriously, is there a chance the sill has been "holed" perhaps by corrosion, allowing water to be thrown up and into the sill. This was a common problem with original VWs for example.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lol...you're not wrong about the weather. I happen to live in the wettest city in the uk...Swansea.....No holes in the sill letting water in either....I can't for the life of me understand why they would fill up....aaaarrrggghhhhhh.......

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.