Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been searching the internet for awhile now but have not been able to spot a part # for this.

I have enclosed 2 pictures in this post.
On the left door entry the part is seen.
On the right door entry the part is missing.
It is an almost triangle shaped piece of plastic molding that I believe should be held in place by 2 fasteners. Interesting though, on the left door entry there are no fasteners which makes me believe that the previous owner must have forgotten to put these back in and left the part on the right side out however, the lower fastener is in place, so go figure...

Thanks in advance :hail:

Attachments

·
Registered 2009 SLK200
4,948 Posts
I have been searching the internet for awhile now but have not been able to spot a part # for this.

It is an almost triangle shaped piece of plastic molding that I believe should be held in place by 2 fasteners. Interesting though, on the left door entry there are no fasteners which makes me believe that the previous owner must have forgotten to put these back in and left the part on the right side out however, the lower fastener is in place, so go figure...

Ring dealership for part

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding member 2006
94,192 Posts
I'm flying with no access to epc
Maybe someone with access can check part number
Would need your vin
My 09 does not have that thing
Facelift of course

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the quick response from 40000 ft. Enjoy the WiFi in the air while you still can, i guess it is just a matter of time before laptops are banned on flights now :crying:

VIN WDBWK73F88F174953

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding member 2006
94,192 Posts
Using iPad

@WoZ53

Tim. Vin above

·
Super Moderator Northern California US 06 SLK 280
10,326 Posts

here ya go + your datacard :)

171-728-02-21 Edge Guard, RIGHT for 2008 Mercedes Benz SLK55 AMG | Mercedes Benz OEM Parts : Mercedes-Benz Parts - MB Accessories & Lifestyle Collection

Attachments

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just realized I called out the wrong side. :surprise:
The part that is missing is on the left entry side or drivers side as you can see in the picture duhhhh I guess I need more coffee.

·
10,326 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I appreciate the quick response.

One more question, Looking at the diagram it appears to be the counter part that is mounted on the door as it looks like the aluminum piece. see picture below.
Of course i guess it is possible that the part number supplies both parts, the aluminum part on the door and the matching plastic part on the body.

Attachments

·
10,326 Posts
I appreciate the quick response.

One more question, Looking at the diagram it appears to be the counter part that is mounted on the door as it looks like the aluminum piece. see picture below.
Of course i guess it is possible that the part number supplies both parts, the aluminum part on the door and the matching plastic part on the body.
Ok I think I've got the right part now. I was confused because you said on the door. The part you are looking for I believe is part of the 1/4 window weatherstrip. It's called a splash shield. part 550 in EPC Part 9 from MBparts Center

171-673-01-38 Splash Shield for 2008 Mercedes Benz SLK55 AMG | Mercedes Benz OEM Parts : Mercedes-Benz Parts - MB Accessories & Lifestyle Collection

Attachments

·
DAS/STAR Registered Owner
4,018 Posts
I'm flying with no access to epc
Maybe someone with access can check part number
Would need your vin
My 09 does not have that thing
Facelift of course
Really ..?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks WoZ53,/Tim I believe you found the part # with the last reply.

Many thanks :tu: for taking the time and also for the Data Card
I doubt it that the Seattle MB dealers have these on the shelves, but will give them a call.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts