Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been without a sport car for the last two years, so driving my wife's RAV 4 all this time and using the cruse control all the time got me in the habit so I was driving the 320 the same way up until today when I decided to put my foot in it and drive it like I stole it.
Holy crap that thing has balls.
Never touched the CC.
Forgot what it was like to put the peddle to the metal.
G

·
Premium Member
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Drove it hard again tonight and I think it's made a difference in the way it idles.
Seems to be smoother. Maybe it needed to have the cob webs blown out of it.
I will be changing the plugs and adding the additive tomorrow also.
G

·
Premium Member
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Will do. Going out today to get them. :grin:

·
California Dreamin
2006 SLK 280
13,796 Posts
A few minor spurts but never full open.

I've had my 06 280 slk for a little over 2 months now. Because of the weather I have not really had a chance to open it up, until yesterday. Yesterday was sunny and warm so we took Hwy 101 and headed north through the Redwoods.
A young gentleman in a Mustang convertible came alongside me and kept even and then would back off and come even again, apparently trying to impress the young lady with him. The last thing I saw was a glint off his front bumper in the distance in my rearview mirror, at 110 mph I let up and went on my merry way.
Never did see the young gentleman again.

·
Founding Member 2006
109,002 Posts
I've had my 06 280 slk for a little over 2 months now. Because of the weather I have not really had a chance to open it up, until yesterday. Yesterday was sunny and warm so we took Hwy 101 and headed north through the Redwoods.
A young gentleman in a Mustang convertible came alongside me and kept even and then would back off and come even again, apparently trying to impress the young lady with him. The last thing I saw was a glint off his front bumper in the distance in my rearview mirror, at 110 mph I let up and went on my merry way.
This belongs in the Driving story section :D

Driving Stories Politically correct way of saying Kill stories

Driving Stories - Mercedes Benz SLK Forum

·
Registered 2005 SLK350-sold
997 Posts
Even ignoring the Mustang part, that must be a nice drive. I would love to visit that area for road trips, but it would take me 2 weeks just to get there and back with side trips. I was planning on a 17 day trip from Pittsburgh to Yakima Washington for the Chrysler Crossfires Across America meet this July, but since I traded it on this SLK350, I probably will not go.

·
Founding Member 2006
109,002 Posts
Even ignoring the Mustang part, that must be a nice drive. I would love to visit that area for road trips, but it would take me 2 weeks just to get there and back with side trips. I was planning on a 17 day trip from Pittsburgh to Yakima Washington for the Chrysler Crossfires Across America meet this July, but since I traded it on this SLK350, I probably will not go.
so plan a floriduh trip for october for our picnic (hopefully)

·
California Dreamin
2006 SLK 280
13,796 Posts

There is nothing nicer than driving 101. Redwoods on one side and the Pacific on the other.

Attachments

·
Registered 2005 SLK350-sold
997 Posts
There is nothing nicer than driving 101. Redwoods on one side and the Pacific on the other.
I came across one of the internet lists and it was the 51 longest routes (non interstates) in the USA, I may try to drive as many as I can. I have been on or near a lot of 66, and found many other nice places I want to go to. I want to start with trips to the NW area through the northern states, since there really isn't any other way of crossing them off.
The Crossfire guys go to the Tail of the Dragon every spring and fall, but the timing never works for me, I might go this fall, but then again, maybe to the F word of a state...
Nice picture, and yours is the right color as well (almost :wink: )

·
Founding Member 2006
109,002 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.