Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
drink holder broke were it comes out of the dash. how do you get the holder out of the dash? slk230 1998

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,411 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
was very easy to get out i am trying super glue. any guess on cost of new one or a mode that works better holding tall bottles. for such a nice car it is a terrible holder. also how can you search for just a single item without going thru answers to all that are not related? my other one is dash needs to be replaced and passenger door glass adjustment going to high i think that sounds like the tabs. this site is great. thanks to all

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,411 Posts

·
Registered 2011 SLK300
427 Posts
was very easy to get out i am trying super glue. any guess on cost of new one or a mode that works better holding tall bottles. for such a nice car it is a terrible holder. also how can you search for just a single item without going thru answers to all that are not related? my other one is dash needs to be replaced and passenger door glass adjustment going to high i think that sounds like the tabs. this site is great. thanks to all
Don't use super glue. Use instead, Gorilla glue. It works much better than superglue on MB plastic.

I hope i caught you in time. (50 min since you posted).

Editing:
Now that I have that posted, I can go into the rest of the stuff. I agree it's a terrible holder. The better way for me is like we used to do before all the cup holders came out...hold it between your legs. It's no place for a cup holder anyway with all the electronics below..Dumb idea is right.

How much of the dash are you thinking about replacing? Or does it just need repainting. Dash pieces are quite expensive and a lot of it can be repaired with Gorilla Glue. I hope you saved all the broken pieces of dark grey plastic you found under the carpets. :( Do save all the ones that fall out of the dash when you disassemble it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i had all ready clued it but it was a new loctite all purpose go2 never used it before. it takes 24 hours to cure. my dash is broke in the center section near the top. it looks like it has been patched before in other places so i think the whole thing needs to be replaced. is it something that you can do yourself. i have printed out a lot of pages of how to. the car is pretty clean with 80,000.0 have had mb for service for top lines and center lock. the next thing is the right door window goes a little to high. have not pulled the door apart to see if it is the tabs yet it also started to only move about a 1/2 inch down and up at the top. mb shop said it checks out real good. said i might want to think about motor mounts and some door with the supercharger is sticky and trips the check engine but i have been running it real hard and it has been good for a couple weeks now. i thought the supercharger was to come in about 2500 but you don't feel it make a big change until about 4500.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.