Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So as most of you know, I had to sell my SLK to make way for a home purchase. The reason for the sale was because of a contract with my dad to borrow some cash and blah blah blah basically saying I save lots of money.

So, as a joke he and I starting talking about what my next second car after I get my home should be, and I said "It's ok that I sell this one now because I'll just get a 2010-2011 SLK model with better fuel mileage and more horsepower." Immediately, he says (with conviction) "Why don't you get American and buy a true sports car like a Corvette?"

This goes on for minutes and after a while I give up trying to convince him otherwise. He's even driven my own 350. UGH.

So, please, forum. Help me. I have never driven a Corvette, so I won't say I don't like them, because I do, but I really fell in love with my little german roadster. What can I do to convince him that the SLK is a fun little car and to stop trying to get me to join the Corvette club?

·
Registered
542 Posts
Off topic, but I love your Avatar. Can I steal it since you don't have an SLK anymore? Just kicking you while your down ;)

The Vette C6 i'm assuming is a decent car. With a crap interior. The SLK is an Amazing Car. Plus it's a hard top convertible. Nothing puts a smile on my face like dropping the top and going for a ride, slow or fast.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I'd be looking at a C6 2008+

Hard top is what sold me on the SLK. I just CAN'T do a ragtop.

Ahhh... all the more reason for me to miss my SLK even more... UGH UGH.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Yeah I'd be looking at a C6 2008+

Hard top is what sold me on the SLK. I just CAN'T do a ragtop.

Ahhh... all the more reason for me to miss my SLK even more... UGH UGH.
Similar to the SLK's Hard top, but there really isn't anything more romantic than the sound of rain hitting the soft top as it starts to rain. Kind of relaxing. In the SLK you get an aluminum ping, (assuming aluminum)

·
Registered
197 Posts
Tell your Dad that if he was going to buy a "true" American sports car he would need to buy you a Z06 :)

Somebody people honestly can't appreciate different style of vehicles. I had an old friend tell me he'd prefer to a drive a old Chevy Cavalier with 2.2 OHV 3/sp auto over my SLK. :confused:

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
Completely different cars - but the C6 is a hoot, worth a drive if you are looking for a GT that can smoke the tyres when you want it to..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.