Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems like I remember a thread in here someplace where a member retrofitted a double DIN head unit into a r170. My searches are coming up empty. I'm really considering this after a road trip to the 'Big Easy' and struggling with cell phone GPS. It seems like it may be as simple as relocating the switch panel down to where the ashtray and cubby are. Of course, nothing I think is simple ever turns out that way.lol

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can't tell you exactly how , but here are some finished pictures from the Spanish forum I'm a member of , so you can see what the finished item can looks like !
That's exactly what I'm talking about!! Looks like the dash panels have been recovered though. Mine has wood so there may be a little more to it. Thanks!

·
Premium Member 2004 SLK200K
10,754 Posts
Of course , the link's below , but there's no DIY , sorry ( you won't be able to see anything until you register with 3 photos and make 20 posts ) ! The only thing showing in the post is the photo above ..

Conectarse

·
Registered
150 Posts
I remember coming across this about a month ago. It was definitely from a spanish forum. Some slicing and epoxy as I remember. I don't think you can do that with wood panels. Another option would be do it with the wood panel (slicing (with rotary tool) and epoxy). Get it all lined up right. Then vinyl wrap it. It would cover the slice marks. Too much work in my opinion! Another option would be a single din head unit with pop out screen. Would need to get one that has at least 4 volt pre-amp if you are using the stock amp under the passenger floor board.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.