Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered 2011 SLK300
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My driver's door window stops when the glass is about 1/4" over the rubber seals. I know someone has been in there before me because they cut the plastic water guard rather than take off the speaker. Anyway, I can't see how any amount of adjusting will make the window go lower without messing up the upper limit. I have the glass perfectly aligned with the roof, A pillar and B pillar. The upper stop setting is perfect. But at the bottom, it needs to go that extra 1/4". There is a soft bumper that the front carrier hits at the bottom and it will go no further. It's almost like the top travel should go more and the glass lowered in the carriers. But I can't see how that is possible either since the mounting bolts are at the bottom of their respective slots. I also can't see what stops the travel in the upward direction.
I have done a search on this and the word door and down are just used too many times, returning an incredible number of irrelevant posts. Any help on this will be very much appreciated. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
3,506 Posts

·
Registered Looking for an SLK
597 Posts
My passenger window does the same slightly sticks up but my driver window goes all the way disappears into the door ?
Dave

·
Registered 2011 SLK300
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have it all back together now, so it is one other thing I''ll have to put up with. (Speedo is the other). I found that if I put the windows down using the double click on the top button, it ends up flush with the rubber seals. Go figure !

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.