Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered 2001 SLK320
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What "should" have been just a routine state inspection visit to the dealer yesterday turned into a fiasco. One of their guys managed to kick a hole in the little speaker grill in the drivers side door--the one down hear the bottom front of the door. Just a case of more inattentive and careless people they have to employ who could care less about the cars they "work" on. Luckily I saw it before leaving the place and they said they would order that little part and put it on when it arrived. I had thought maybe the thing would just be held on with little spring clamps but looking with a flashlight when I got home it appears that it is held form the inside with a few posts secured from the inside of the door panel. The question is that replacing that little part appears to necessitate taking the whole panel off the door with the potential to cause lots more problems but have no idea how hard a job that is. My confidence in those people is at a low ebb right now. I managed to fiddle with the grill so that the break is not very noticeable now and the sides are back together but it's still broken. Any advide as to how to procede? Know it's "small taters" in the big scheme of things but I still like to keep the car as nearly perfect as possible. Just don't want to end up making it worse.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,392 Posts
someone will suggest how to remove the door panel if you have already done a search for that.

here is a search for remove door panel:

http://www.slkworld.com/search.php?searchid=993924

If you want to remove whole panel pull off cover over interior handle and remove screw there and door handle too.

from bazzle

here is a search

if you want the grill part number, post your vin.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.