Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am new to forums and I apologize if this post is in the wrong place. I recently purchased a 99' SLK 230, when I bought it the seller gave me records and a run down on what was wrong with the vehicle. One of the main issues was the driver's side door lock mechanism as the one that was in it fell apart. I purchased another one and installed it last night and everything went together pretty well, I made sure that the goldish color metal piece on the mechanism went into the slot on the exterior door handle and made sure it worked as I thought it should. I then closed the door and now I can't open the door at all, the only thing I didn't hook up last night was the yellow tube that plugs into a nipple on the locking mechanism. Has anyone else ever heard about an issue like this, or had this happen to them? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated as I never had a MB before so I'm learning as I go, this is a Christmas present for my son so I would like to have it ready for him by then. Thank You all in advance for any help you provide.

·
Premium Member 2001 SLK320
1,032 Posts
You didn't say if the door trim is now fitted or not.
Have you tried unlocking with the key yet?
Did the door locking vacuum system work before on the other door and trunk ok?
Is it possible for you to re-attach the yellow vacuum tube with the door closed?

·
Premium Member
712 Posts
We had to replace the mechanism on the 1999 R170 we had. It was a somewhat tedious job, but it worked afterwards. Something must be out of place. As Pictor asked, is the door card on? If not, you should somehow be able to reach in and open the door. If the card is on, that would pose a bigger problem.

Good luck.

Tim

·
Premium Member 2004 SLK200K
10,761 Posts
The yellow tube is part of the vacumn system that is used to open/close the doors when using the remote...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you all for your reply. I did not install the door trim/card for the reason I wanted to make sure everything was fine with the door operation. I am able to connect the vacuum line to the mechanism. I will connect it after work and then reinspect Everything. I will update once this is complete. Is there anything else I should look into while in the door? Thanks again

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.