·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
393 Posts
That was great!! :tu:

Just what I was looking for. My SLK's previous owner had managed to break the armrest ledge somehow, and although I had bought a new panel a while ago, I do hate trying to pop the panel mounts when I have no idea where they are or how much effort they really need. I guess I should look on You Tube for more than just music now . . .

(Is it just me, or does he sound a lot like Gru?)

:biglaugh:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Can somebody please tell me how to get the plastic handle off? (begins 1:09). I have tried with a scewdriver and a plastic wedge by starting at the little tab in the lower back, but It is simply impossible to just "pop off" without breaking the whole door.

Can somebody please guide me with this single piece?

Thank you.

·
Premium Member 2002 SLK230K
17,144 Posts
Unless your handel has a hidden screw it should pop off with some gentle persuasion. Work the cover in several different places at the same time.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Unless your handel has a hidden screw it should pop off with some gentle persuasion. Work the cover in several different places at the same time.
I cannot even get it as far out as he starts at in the video clip. Do you use somekind of special tool to start with at the bottom of the trim piece?

·
Registered
45 Posts
This video was the best. I pulled off both door panels with out any issues.

Thank you for taking your time to make it. I needed to replace a missing check stop and the step by step to remove the panel was dead on!

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you but I stole it from youtube!

·
Premium Member 2001 SLK32 AMG
620 Posts
Door panel came off well, coupler to the pipe was broken, attempted to superglue it back together, thought I had it, but no joy.

Resprayed the beige part of the door panel and back console storage, both came up exceptionally well, just annoyed I couldn't fix the central locking myself.

Off to get fleeced for a few euro's next week.

·
Super Moderator UK 2002 SLK320 Blue
3,081 Posts
I used this video to remove the panels when I changed the speakers in Silkie - it's very good. I'd add two tips to make things slightly easier:

• To release the door catch easily pull the cable outer back out of the moulding and ease the wire through the slot then undo the wire clip from the door handle.
  • If you can't undo the wire clip of the tweeter then unclip the tweeter from its housing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.