Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, can anybody confirm for me how the trim ring on the door mirror attaches to the housing? in the exploded diagram I see three tabs. are those attached with screws? if so... will the glass simply pull out to give me access? both of my door mirrors appear to have experienced trauma in their past life. trim pieces are very loose.

·
Administrator - Founding Member
92,841 Posts
until one of our r170 experts get sober, have you tried a 'search' top right of the forum for your question?

·
92,841 Posts

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Hi, can anybody confirm for me how the trim ring on the door mirror attaches to the housing? in the exploded diagram I see three tabs. are those attached with screws? if so... will the glass simply pull out to give me access? both of my door mirrors appear to have experienced trauma in their past life. trim pieces are very loose.
That's for R171 but might be of help:
http://www.slkworld.com/diy-section/21064-r171-dyi-aftermarket-face-lift-mirror-covers.html#post228399

·
Minion
5,602 Posts

·
92,841 Posts
yes, the female members are too busy spending the male members money on BLING!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the responses. I did search.. but hadn't found that link to YouTube clip of a guy changing the glass in his R171. Now that I see the inside of the mirror I know how to cure it of the rattles.

·
92,841 Posts
That's great! glad we could help!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts