Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
*Registered
SLK Disposed of
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sharpe frost this morning only drivers side door mirror cleared was worm to touch, passenger side never cleared was cold to the touch warranty now ran out any ideas.Both mirrors adjust OK .

·
*Registered
2012 SLK200
521 Posts
I had a problem with my Audio 20 head unit under the same circumstances. The MB dealer can ask if MB are prepared to help as a matter of good customer service. Even if they won't (as in my case) I found that an email to the UK HQ along the lines of being disappointed that an item such as this should fail when the vehicle is just out of warranty produced a favourable response. They agreed to supply the part if I would pay the labour, so it's worth a try. Good luck!

·
*Registered
2017 SLC43
1,903 Posts
A replacement mirror glass shouldn't be too expensive if it's that. It's a very easy DIY replacement although Robinsons will do it for free if you buy the glass from them. Also check the fuses as it could be separately fused from the motor that moves it. Beyond that I think you're looking at a replacement controller which could be quite pricey. Has it stopped working post-respray?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.