Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My car was in an accident. An hour later, my alarm went off in the drive way. This was strange because I have never heard the alarm before. A couple days later, my door locks were going up and down while I was driving. The locks were not going up and down fast; they were locking and unlocking every mile or so. Now, my door locks do not respond to the remote. The car lights flash with the remote, but they do not lock. I used the search button and found the pse. I opened the trunk and hit the remote; however, the pse does not make any noise. There is no sign of water anywhere.

Does this sound like the pse or the multi control module (1708200926) that is located in the same area as the k40.

Also, after a headlight replacement with a new factory light, my night illumination is curently not working.

·
Per ardua ad cineris.
1,039 Posts
My car was in an accident. An hour later, my alarm went off in the drive way. This was strange because I have never heard the alarm before. A couple days later, my door locks were going up and down while I was driving. The locks were not going up and down fast; they were locking and unlocking every mile or so. Now, my door locks do not respond to the remote. The car lights flash with the remote, but they do not lock. I used the search button and found the pse. I opened the trunk and hit the remote; however, the pse does not make any noise. There is no sign of water anywhere.

Does this sound like the pse or the multi control module (1708200926) that is located in the same area as the k40.

Also, after a headlight replacement with a new factory light, my night illumination is curently not working.
Sorry to hear about your accident.
What happened? Where is the damage on the car?

Alarm going off randomly? Might be a sensor (like the bonnet latch) setting off the alarm, or it might be the alarm reporting falsely.

Failure to lock; you did the right thing to suspect the PSE, since this provides the vacuum and pressurised air to drive the locks. However, (again, in response to the accident) you might have lost a fuse, and so the PSE is OK, but not "live".
It might just be that your fuse is making intermittent contact (shocked after the crash?) and this electrical noise is also triggering the alarm and erratic PSE operation. Check the fuse in the box on the driver's side of the engine bay, and clean the contacts.

I'm not sure how to separate the N10-3 (CCM) and A37 (PSE) for this function; without the PSE working, it's hard to check this particular function of the CCM/MCM.

But one other thing you might have, again from the accident, is that one of the relays is now misaligned, and so is either not working properly, or failing to make good contact.

For your lights, please define the lights that are not working. Again, we will look or common mode failures that can take out individual lights. Check the lights fuse panel mounted on the side of the light control switch inside the cover on the drivers end of the dashboard.

Anon

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.