Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you look closely, when i shut the LH side door the glass does not sit properly.
If i close the door using the top RH corner to push it shut, then it works fine.
But passengers wont know to do that every time they get in & out of car?
Is this something simple to cure?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
712 Posts
If it seems to be going up too far, it could be that the stop has fallen off if the glass. If it is just misaligned, that could be adjusted. In either case, you need to remove the door panel/card and investigate. Good luck.

·
Registered 2011 SLK300
427 Posts
There is an adjustment that can be made to the angle of the glass. It's inside the door at the bottom. The bottom of the front track must be moved outward to fix your problem. Simple fix, but be prepared to re-glue all the clips that attach the door card to the frame of the door. A simple job becomes more difficult as these cars age.:(

·
Premium Member 2004 SLK200K
10,754 Posts
If you lower the window you should be able to access the adjustment screw on the bottom edge of the door , there should be a rubber grommet on the bottom edge of the door !, without removing the door card !

·
Registered
274 Posts
There is an adjustment that can be made to the angle of the glass. It's inside the door at the bottom. The bottom of the front track must be moved outward to fix your problem. Simple fix, but be prepared to re-glue all the clips that attach the door card to the frame of the door. A simple job becomes more difficult as these cars age.:(
this is true everytime you take the door card off at least two of the clips need re gluing back on :mad:

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well that was a bust, it worked once on opening & closing door. But repeated use then it went back to before.

Also noticed that when raising the glass, at the end of upward travel it jumped in by a few mm. Assumed this was to make it seat, but the drivers door doesn't do it & works fine?

Adjuster underneath is fully to the outer edge on drivers, & passenger is in middle after my adjustment. It does sit fine if u lower & raise glass, but just not on closing the door?

·
Registered 2011 SLK300
427 Posts
Could it be the window is going up too high and catching the outer lip of the rubber, rather than slipping just under it? I have found that the door glass adjustment is very sensitive to make it rain tight and at the same time wind tight.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
When door is shut it works fine, but if its up & u shut the door it just doesn't go in far enough. Its like its looks & is being pushed out when u shut the door?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.