Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to MB, the DCM needs replacing for the central locking via the key fob to work again, just the drivers door (LHD) central ocking on the passenger door works fine.
They changed out the actuator behind the door lock saying you always replace this first to see if it solves the issue, it did not, we had to pay for it anyway, and a perfectly good part has been trashed (alarm bells started ringing) as the quote for the DCM replacement is not cheap.
They broke 2 clips or the door panel and never replaced them, and ripped the crap out the door liner behind the panel, and just stuffed it in a hole in the door....(have pictures of this cowboy workmanship btw)

2005 slk 280 with only 14000 miles on it,its mint, full MD service history, they are animals, they will never see that car again (wife is mortified)
So basicly if I replace this part, what else is needed to finish the job coding wise? did read an article saying you can sometimes wipe and re-code the DCM, and it may work, or just fit a new one...
kev

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Have done a search, and the previous time these pesky DCMs came round before, there was no conclusion to the threads, and conflicting information, someone said they are plug and play, and someone else says they have to be coded via das3 I assume (dont quote me, as this is what im trying to find out.......)

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Anyone at all on this simple one? is the DCM plug and play, or does it have to be coded? if I replace it myself to keep the door card cowboys at bay...

·
Premium Member 2004 SLK200K
10,745 Posts
Sean gave an answer here :

http://www.slkworld.com/slk-r171-general-discussion/59121-door-control-module.html

Basically meaning , if you buy a new one , it'll need programing by DAS , if you get a used one , so long as it came from a car with the same extras as yours , ie door puddle lights , you should be ok , only if you have more/different options than the car the module came from , will you need to get it coded to activate those options , otherwise it should be ok ....

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
appreciated, did not find that post via search, absolutely no chance of finding an indy where I live, will take it to another MD further away, and get it replaced and coded, only just getting involved with the car due to the wifes upset with the original MD, huge learning curve on this car electricly, very minimum electrical options on this one, due to me asking them to take out as much as possible (jammed sunroof on an older merc) never realised` how much a laptop has you by the balls on these cars nowdays.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts