Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Probably been asked before but does anyone know where to get some door card clip retainers from?
The plastic pieces that are bonded to the door card I'm referring to, not the small clips themselves that go in to the door.
Mine has a few missing so I need replacements.
Thanks

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,186 Posts

·
98,186 Posts
I tried Merc dealer but on their parts system they don't show them seperate to the door card, :frown:
Might be true

part 150?

Attachments

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Part 150 clips into the part that I'm looking for, guess it's part of the door card.
Thanks for trying.
That Parts Geek site is amazing by the way. Could do with one of those in the UK.

·
98,186 Posts
epc lists that part (150) twice - each 6 pieces - that makes 12 pieces

even though it says left/right, one is a fastener and the other is mounting

Attachments

• 187.5 KB Views: 24

·
98,186 Posts
Nice spot sir.
Although it's odd they have the same part Nos ????
maybe cause they need to be 'paired' with each other

see what some oem mb sites say about them (price,etc)

·
Registered 1998 SLK230
585 Posts
I simply made my own from thin aluminium sheet and plastic. You've got the design from the other clips that you've still got. (although they differ depending on where they are, around the panel) I attached my fabricated clips with glue from a hot-melt gun. I used the "super-strength" glue sticks made by "Stanley". They are yellow in colour. In the U.K., those clips are not listed in a Dealership.

David

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks David
I did consider fabricating some, The only ones I need are the lower 3 so quite straightforward.
I havn't taken the drivers card off yet so I'm hoping there's a full set on that side. I may borrow one from there.

·
Registered 1998 SLK230
585 Posts
Thanks David

I havn't taken the drivers card off yet so I'm hoping there's a full set on that side..
Careful how you go, there! Make 3 wooden wedges and then start to push each of them between the door and the panel, at the bottom. As the gap starts to open, look to see where the clips/pins are and move each wedge closer to the clips. Keep tapping-up each of the wedges until the pins pop-out of the door-retainers. Take your time or you may well be breaking even more clips away from the door panel!

David

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Careful how you go, there! Make 3 wooden wedges and then start to push each of them between the door and the panel, at the bottom. As the gap starts to open, look to see where the clips/pins are and move each wedge closer to the clips. Keep tapping-up each of the wedges until the pins pop-out of the door-retainers. Take your time or you may well be breaking even more clips away from the door panel!

David
I didn't need to worry, I had no retainers still attached.
I have a trim clip remover tool that does a pretty good job of popping clips out without damage, didn't need it. :wink:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.