Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
*Registered
2011 SLK350
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes it is an age away but get it in your diary!
Hopefully the club can apply to attend as in the past.

I have been going to this event since its inauguration and i believe it is unbelievable value with racing as good as that as the Silverstone Classic but without all the pizazz...

·
*Registered
2011 SLK350
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If we get a reasonable level of interest, I’m happy to act as point of contact with the DHF organisation and request a club stand / discount code.

·
*Registered
2011 SLK350
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have received this today - any objections to registering the club?

Dear Car Club Organiser

As you build your Club's event calendar for 2022, a reminder that we'd love to see you at next year's Donington Historic Festival (30th April- 1st May).

It will be fantastic to see spectators back after two very difficult years - and we are particularly excited to see the clubs again. As always, we will have a special package to give your members great value for money and a memorable weekend.

To register your club's interest in attending, please complete our online form, and we will contact you when club registrations open.

In the meantime, we have included details here of the Royal Automobile Club Historic Awards, which celebrate the best of the British historic motoring scene. It's never been more important to support this sector, so if you spot a category you would like to make a nomination in, why not do so? Nominations close next week though (1st October) so you need to be speedy!

HAVE YOUR SAY - THE ROYAL AUTOMOBILE CLUB HISTORIC AWARDS
As a classic car enthusiast, and in particular as organiser of a club, you are perfectly placed to contribute to the Royal Automobile Club's annual celebrations of the UK's historic motoring and motorsport movement - the Historic Awards. Nominations are invited in eight categories and there is a range of themes, reflecting the diversity of the classic motoring world.

Whether you've attended a fabulous event with your club (or, indeed, staged one!), have introduced an innovation which you feel deserves to be celebrated - or know of a new product or service etc. that you would like to nominate - want to sing the praises of a museum, have read a superb piece of historic motoring journalism or terrific classic motoring programme, there's a category for you to make your nomination in. And if you have an individual - perhaps in your club - who has achieved something really outstanding for the historic motoring world over the past year, or have a potential Young Achiever finalist amongst your team, there are categories for that as well! Finally, there is the Restoration category - which is self-explanatory!
  • Collection - for British-based collections or museums which have made a significant contribution to the historic motoring movement during the Awards’ eligibility period 1 October 2020 to 30 September 2021
  • Competitive Event – including motor racing meetings, race series and individual races, hill climbs, navigation and stage rallies and regularity trials.
  • Innovation – for new products, services, facilities or other innovations which turn great ideas into solutions.
  • Motoring Spectacle – including concours d’elegance, non-competitive tours, classic vehicle shows, club gatherings and virtual events.
  • Outstanding Journalism – for written or broadcast features in a British publication, broadcast media or digital platform.
  • Personality – for an individual’s outstanding contribution to the UK classic motoring/motorsport world during the eligibility period.
  • Restoration – for restorations by UK-based companies which demonstrate both impressive technical expertise and a significant amount of research and sensitivity to the vehicle and its history.
  • Young Achiever - for rising stars aged between 18 and 30 who are building their future in the industry.
Nominations should be made through the Awards' website by 5pm on 1st October. You can read the full category descriptions here and make your nominations here.

With best wishes,

The Donington Historic Festival Team

·
**Premium Member 2012 SLK55 AMG
2,866 Posts
I made arrangements for this for the past 3 years. Obviously the last two years the event didn’t go ahead due to the pandemic. Today I received an email asking if I’d like to register interest for the event in 2022. I replied and confirmed an interest. As in previous years the registration is under SLK & SLC Club (Facebook group) but will happily accommodate SLK World members again as was the case in 2019.

That said if you’d like to register separately feel free @greenmanslk

·
2,866 Posts
Thanks Col
So long as we get the code for discounted tickets 😏
Yes, all registered clubs get their own unique discount code allocated when tickets sales open. In past years I’ve distributed full instructions and the discount code to interested parties. Spaces are limited so it’s not a good idea to show the code publicly on the forum or elsewhere. 🙂👍🏻

·
*Registered
2011 SLK350
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I meant I don’t mind you organising matters....

Probably my second favourite event of the year...incredible value

·
*Registered
1997 SLK230
2 Posts
Yes it is an age away but get it in your diary!
Hopefully the club can apply to attend as in the past.

I have been going to this event since its inauguration and i believe it is unbelievable value with racing as good as that as the Silverstone Classic but without all the pizazz...
Yes I would be interested

·
*Premium Member
2012 SLK55 AMG
9,479 Posts
I made arrangements for this for the past 3 years. Obviously the last two years the event didn’t go ahead due to the pandemic. Today I received an email asking if I’d like to register interest for the event in 2022. I replied and confirmed an interest. As in previous years the registration is under SLK & SLC Club (Facebook group) but will happily accommodate SLK World members again as was the case in 2019.

That said if you’d like to register separately feel free @greenmanslk
@Col I just checked my Motor Sport Vision account to make sure that my Display Pass for the past 2 years cancelled events has been carried forward to the 2022 DHF. I am pleased to say that it has. However when clicking on the print ticket function in the website it says the display tickets will be available two weeks before the event. My original purchase was under the club registration that you were organising. I am not sure how and whether the ticket will automatically transfer to your group registration.

Reactions: Col

·
2,866 Posts
Hi all, I had the email from MSV confirming our registration from last year has been rolled over for DHF 2022. @MartinatMersea your tickets should be rolled over too.

I was waiting until the New Year had arrived to see how things panned out with regards to Omicron and restrictions etc. I know how frustrating it has been having the event cancelled the past two years so don’t want to waste people’s time if it was looking doubtful for this year. As it stands the event is happening so hopefully it will go ahead but obviously this can’t be guaranteed.

If anyone wants to book this now I have all the required details and discount code. As with previous years I request that interested parties PM me with an email address and I’ll forward the full instructions and discount code.

SLK & SLC Club at the 2022 Donington Historic Festival 2022

“Dear Club Organiser

We are delighted to be able to look forward to welcoming your club and its members to DHF 2022. As you were already registered for the 2021 event, we have rolled your booking code etc. over to the 2022 event.

Club bookings are now open, and there is plenty of time for your members to take advantage of the 50% discount on tickets - and to enjoy the additional, Early Bird discounts which apply until 30 January. After that they can still receive 50% discount on all advance ticket purchases. Car club ticket bookings for those bringing a display car MUST be made by 5pm on Tuesday, 19 April 2022. Please can you pass all the information below on to your members - please do not simply give them the booking code!

With best wishes

Karen Coe
Car Club Co-ordinator, Donington Historic Festival”

·
2,866 Posts
Thought I’d just share a brief update on confirmed bookings so far:

There are currently 3 SLK & SLC Club members booked for the weekend.

These members from SLKWORLD have had their tickets automatically rolled forward from the 2021 event.

@MartinatMersea (Martin) Sunday only
@mike350 (Mike) Weekend Pass

@55russamg (Russ) booked a weekend pass yesterday too.

I’ll be keeping an eye on the event registrations and will provide further updates as more members book tickets.

If you’d like to join this event please pm me with your email address and I will forward all the details and the all important discount code to you.

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
Hi Col, I've applied for a Sunday ticket so please add me to the list

Reactions: Col and 55russamg

·
2,866 Posts
Update to booking status.

Confirmed bookings

@Col (Col) Weekend Pass
@MartinatMersea (Martin) Sunday only
@mike350 (Mike) Weekend Pass
@55russamg (Russ) Weekend Pass
@ANG55AMG (Angelo) Sunday Only

Booking details have been sent to the following interested parties:

@KevD (Kev)
@Roberto1968 (Robert)
@greenmanslk (Clive)
@Izzyspi (Paul)

I’ll continue to provide further updates as more members book tickets.

If you’d like to join this event please pm me with your email address and I will forward all the details and the all important discount code to you.

·
*Premium Member
2007 SLK350
1,059 Posts
Thanks @Col
I’m clear for these dates but can’t recall if I was refunded for my ticket or if it’s still active and has rolled over to this year? Can you confirm if I’m booked with a ‘live’ ticket? I can’t find much on my email.
Thanks.
Edit - ignore that, I’ve managed to find my MSV account details and access my ticket, it’s been updated to 2022 and I’ll be able to print this 2 weeks before the event.

Reactions: Avel Du and Col

·
2,866 Posts
Thanks @Col
I’m clear for these dates but can’t recall if I was refunded for my ticket or if it’s still active and has rolled over to this year? Can you confirm if I’m booked with a ‘live’ ticket? I can’t find much on my email.
Thanks.
Edit - ignore that, I’ve managed to find my MSV account details and access my ticket, it’s been updated to 2022 and I’ll be able to print this 2 weeks before the event.
I was going to say you’re definitely showing as rolled over and if you have received a refund that’s a bonus! 😁

1 - 20 of 22 Posts