Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My driver-side dome/map light went out. At first I thought it was the bulb so replaced with a brand new one but it's still dark. The passenger works fine. Any ideas? Do they have different fuses and where can I find the fuse box.

Many thanks
New SLK owner here.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,412 Posts
Welcome from Valrico, Florida!
And welcome to this great forum!

Please update your location in your profile as it helps the members answer any questions you might have based on locale and model.
usercp, edit your details, location.

do you have a manual? it shows the fuse locations. if you don't try here:

http://www.mbusa.com/mercedes/#/servPrtsOwnersManuals/

You might want to post an introduction in the ‘new members introduce yourself here’ section, if you haven’t already.

If you haven’t, please use the 'search this forum' feature for your questions as they have probably been asked before.
In addition, If you haven’t, please post your questions in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response.
And finally, if you find something useful on your visit here today, please consider donating to offset development and operating costs. Even $5 is welcome! Thanks!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fixed. Turns out the bulb holder is held down by clips and one of the clip was broken so the metal pongs were not making contact to the power rails. I jammed a piece of plastic in there and it's shinning bright now.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,412 Posts
thanks for updating your vehicle.

location?

Please update your location in your profile as it helps the members answer any questions you might have based on locale and model.
usercp, edit your details, location.

ty!

·
Registered
527 Posts
Had the same issue with my dome light. The plastics seem to be very thin and fragile and brake easily, especially the ones holding the conductive metal blades . Had to use epoxy glue to keep everything in place and now it's working fine!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.