Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2009 SLK 350 and recently went to a dealer to replace the clear plastic dome light covers. They tell me I have to purchase the entire light set. When I purchased the car the previous owner used some type chemical which turned the plastic white. Anyone know of a source to get new or slightly used replacements?
Thanks in Advance

·
DAS/STAR Registered Owner
4,018 Posts
...Ebay..?

Cheers
Sean

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts
I have a 2009 SLK 350 and recently went to a dealer to replace the clear plastic dome light covers. They tell me I have to purchase the entire light set. When I purchased the car the previous owner used some type chemical which turned the plastic white. Anyone know of a source to get new or slightly used replacements?
Thanks in Advance
Is there a molded on part number on the clear plastic part? They are handed, one for the right and one for the left. If the part nos. are there, then try any of the on-line mercedesparts places.

·
Administrator - Founding Member since 2006
94,122 Posts
Moved from 'general discussion' to 'where to get slk items'

·
Minion
5,602 Posts
I believe there was another 171 post last month about this exact issue, and he was told the exact same thing. And if you google the 171 dome light, you should just go for the video screen update mod :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts