Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter #1
Full story https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-50641442

A dog has started a house fire after managing to turn the microwave on, a fire service has said.

The husky, which was left on its own in the semi-detached house in Stanford-le-Hope, turned on the worktop appliance.

A packet of bread rolls, left inside, began to burn, causing a small fire, Essex Fire Service said.

The owner, who was not at the Kingsman Road property, saw smoke in the kitchen from a camera feed on their phone.

Geoff Wheal, watch manager at Corringham Fire Station, called it a "very strange incident" and said firefighters found the kitchen filled with smoke, but they made sure the flames did not spread to the rest of the house.

"It demonstrates that microwaves shouldn't be used to store food when they aren't in use," he said.

"Always keep your microwave clean and free of clutter or food and any packaging.

"Animals or children can turn them on more easily than you might think - so please don't run the risk."

The dog was not hurt, the service added.

Premium Member
I guess the dog was hungry and tried to get to the bread rolls. Then it is probably quickly done that the dog presses the function buttons on the micro with the paws in the attempt to access. Better to make sure the dog is full and satisfied, rather than letting the dog end up as a dissatisfied hot dog 馃槙

Premium Member
I guess the dog was hungry and tried to get to the bread rolls.
Better to make sure the dog is full and satisfied, rather than letting the dog end up as a dissatisfied hot dog 馃槙
I'm not an expert on Husky's....

But our Chocolate Labrador has a one track mind, that is food, food, food.....
I have considered trying doing an experiment to see at what point She would turn down food...!!
But My Partner/Chief Navigator said no... 馃ぎ 馃挬馃挬馃挬馃挬

Premium Member
We had a Siberian husky and trust me all she thought about was food!
Our German Shepard could be left with a roast chicken in front of her and she wouldn鈥檛 touch it unless we said she could whereas the husky would raid the bin in front of us to get to an egg shell!
Husky鈥檚 are also their own dog ie. they do what they want, when they want and no amount of training on our behalf could change that!
But all that aside, she had her own loveable character and we wouldn鈥檛 have changed her for the world!

Premium Member
I'm not an expert on Husky's....

But our Chocolate Labrador has a one track mind, that is food, food, food.....
I have considered trying doing an experiment to see at what point She would turn down food...!!
But My Partner/Chief Navigator said no... 馃ぎ 馃挬馃挬馃挬馃挬
View attachment 569219
Great dog you have there. To me, it looks like she sits in her own queen chair. If she is as fond of the drink you have on the table behind, as she is in food, only then will you have a serious problem 馃榾

We had a Siberian husky and trust me all she thought about was food!
Our German Shepard could be left with a roast chicken in front of her and she wouldn鈥檛 touch it unless we said she could whereas the husky would raid the bin in front of us to get to an egg shell!
Husky鈥檚 are also their own dog ie. they do what they want, when they want and no amount of training on our behalf could change that!
But all that aside, she had her own loveable character and we wouldn鈥檛 have changed her for the world!
The Siberian husky has a lot of wolf instinct left in its genes, so it's no wonder if the appetite and hunting instinct for food is top notch. Great dogs, but they usually thrive in slightly cooler climates and with physical and mental tasks 馃檪

1 - 7 of 7 Posts