1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
232 Posts
Hmmm, that's an interesting one. I'm sure it'll go for much less than an actual Gullwing 300SL, so it has that going for it, and the SLK32 is a good base to start with. I certainly wouldn't be afraid to drive and park it anywhere either, and it doesn't look 'wrong' like most kit cars/replicas, save for the wheels. It might just grow on me.

·
Super Moderator
24,868 Posts
The real deal goes for £1 million plus.

The car looks good and gives gullwing fun at a more affordable price.

I couldn't see the UK gang turning it away from a meet.
Guess that means it still counts as a 170.

·
Registered
4,887 Posts
Looks well done but what on earth were they thinking when choosing alloys for it . :surprise::surprise::surprise:

No no no

Just dont suit it at all and so wrong even though its a modern car as such

Of all he alloys they pick them .:|

·
Registered
4,887 Posts
I like that... I think the wheels could be better (bigger?) and fill the wheel arches more... but still think it is really nice
The thing is its a modern retro thing but from the outside the body work has to suit the wheels / time frame as such and prob best bet is go old school to match the old look of the car .

But them wheels just smack off @,$# >:D

·
Premium Member
2,697 Posts
Odd thought strikes me...

Do the controls for the steering wheel work? If so, can we look at a retrofit on the 'normal' R170?

·
Premium Member
14,805 Posts
Honestly I like it except the wheels nothing wrong with an old school look with modern touches under the hood. I guess that is one reason why I drull over the Singer or Kaege so much. "It,s about driving pleasure":grin::grin:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.