Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On ebay UK I found this car for sale, its generated a lot of interest and quite a few bids, and the current price is above what I think the car is worth.

I paid quite a bit less for mine in December, before the market crashed totally and mine had fewer miles and heated seats?

But my question is why would you do this?
I can understand debadging a car, but this?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260415068564

Oops, I hope the seller is not on here?
If you are I didnt mean to offend.

·
Thread Hijacker
2,798 Posts
I think that qualifies. Any time something is marked to be something that it is not. And I aways wonder why bother? The 200 is a fabulous car in its own right, and who are you trying to impress?

In the ad text, it states that the wife will be driving her SL 55 AMG due to the birth of another child "for the obvious reasons." HUH? Doesn't that have two seats as well? Seems like that was inserted just to let you know they had one. Or want you to think they did...

Okay, I'm done now. Sorry. :confused:

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK55 AMG
3,048 Posts
Yes, the older model SLs had 2+2 seats. I'm pretty sure the supercharged SL55 was never offered with the +2 seating.

Anyway, if he is used to regularly misrepresenting this car, who's to say he isn't misrepresenting anything else about the sale in general? very shady, i certainly wouldn't bid on this car.

·
Registered
940 Posts
Silly Silly...

Hey did I tell you guys im getting an AMG + M3 badge for the rear and am going to put a Lambo embelem on the hood?
Also thinking of getting the Lambo doors to make it more legit!...

*Sarcasm*

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
Yeah, shit like this really pisses me off :

Q: hi,does the car have air scarf regards ROB 23-May-09 A: Good evening Rob, Yes it does. Please refer to pictures 4, 5 and 6. kind regards, Richard Hayes 99trh
Yeah, right - it's the new invisible airscarf.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Yeah, shit like this really pisses me off :

Q: hi,does the car have air scarf regards ROB 23-May-09 A: Good evening Rob, Yes it does. Please refer to pictures 4, 5 and 6. kind regards, Richard Hayes 99trh
Yeah, right - it's the new invisible airscarf.
Hey, don't give him any ideas or he will "rebadge" the headrests w/ AS vents and no guts!!:butt:

·
Registered
382 Posts
And whats up whit (The Interior Mercedes Mc Laren is called "Appraisal Definition 10"). Is he saing that the SLK has the interior of the SLR Mclaren??? Is he F****ng nuts. He just wants te make a lot of money on a car that he is saing that is somting it's not.

·
Premium Member 2000 SLK230
2,624 Posts
"Definately counting cards"....I mean, I mean, definately NOT a member here. :biglaugh:

And Normski? I wouldn't apologize, this guy deserves whatever ragging we give him...totally ridiculous.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Hmmmm.... I'd say definitely a poser. Hopefully someone doesn't pay too much due to misrepresentation.

Couldn't someone at least use their sense of humour when doing up a faux car?

Like perhaps taking an SLK and slapping a big Chrysler pentagon on the back!!!!

Or maybe Z71 stickers on the side?

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well believe it or not its up to £17100 and he has had 26 bids!!!!!!!!!! 9 hours left to go?

Lots of unsuspecting people out there, when someone buys it they might pop up on here and post pictures of their new SLK 350 AMG car???????:td:

Who would have the heart to tell them???????:(

1 - 20 of 22 Posts