Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered 2018 SLC300
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased my 2018 SLC 300 from Carvana, and as part of the buying experience, you can download a copy of the original windshield sticker from when the car was new.

On the sticker for my car, one of the "Interior" features listed is, "Smart Device Remote Engine Start". But I have no "remote start" button in my Mercedes Me app. I tried installing the Mercedes Me Connect app, but it says that app is only for 2019's and newer.

So, do I have remote start. or not? And if I have it, how do I activate it?

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
96,599 Posts
you get your free datacard? it shows more than window sticker

FREE!! Post your vin in the Vehicle Datacard Request section to get a free datacard (options on your car). You must update your profile with vehicle info and your location and post an introduction first.

FREE!! How to get a free datacard!

·
96,599 Posts

·
96,599 Posts
also check your brochure?

·
Super Moderator UK SLK 55 AMG 2007
27,402 Posts
This works in UK, but not sure for US.
Go to MBUSA homepage and you can access both a copy of the glovebox manual and view vids for various features.

·
Super Moderator UK SLK 55 AMG 2007
27,402 Posts
Can't see remote start in your DC.
Does say that it had operators manual.

Car dealers often cut and paste details from a previous sale, without being thorough in checking.
May have seen remote radio and thought that was it.

·
Registered 2018 SLC300
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I find no reference to it anywhere else, including the owners manual, datacard, and the brochure (I do have a USA version). It appears that remote start didn't come to the SLC 300 until the 2019 models. So, as others suggested, it was probably listed on the window sticker in error.

Funny thing, my datacard lists code 634, "Omission of first aid kit"-- but my car does have a M-B first aid kit stored in the spare tire. I'd have rather had the remote start. :)

·
96,599 Posts
I find no reference to it anywhere else, including the owners manual, datacard, and the brochure (I do have a USA version). It appears that remote start didn't come to the SLC 300 until the 2019 models. So, as others suggested, it was probably listed on the window sticker in error.

Funny thing, my datacard lists code 634, "Omission of first aid kit"-- but my car does have a M-B first aid kit stored in the spare tire. I'd have rather had the remote start. :)
you will also find in addition to it saying no first aid kit...
no triangle - which is true

·
Premium Member 2013 SLK350
1,400 Posts
Our dynamic Mods are problem solvers and they do a heck of a job.... Glad this issue has been resolved.

·
Registered 2019 SLC300
85 Posts
FWIW, my US-spec 2019 SLC 300 has Keyless Go, but no remote start. Dealer wasn't sure, but confirmed it with MB assistance.

·
Registered 2018 SLC300
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Interesting, thanks. I do have Keyless Go on my 2018, and it works fine with the "Mercedes Me" app, but remote start isn't one of the available features. When I loaded the "Mercedes Me Connect" version of the app onto my phone, it said that it only worked with 2019 and newer-- so I figured the 2019 must have features my 2018 doesn't, including remote start. Surprised to hear that the 2019 doesn't have it, either. Remote start was standard equipment on a Chevy HHR I had more than ten years ago... seems weird it isn't standard throughout the entire Mercedes product line!

Funny, I just received an email from Mercedes, welcoming me to the family and encouraging me to download and use the Mercedes Me app-- and among the features listed is this:

connect
Remote Start, Lock/Unlock, Vehicle Monitoring, Schedule Service, and more

·
Registered 2019 SLC300
85 Posts
Yes, GM does remote start on a lot of their vehicles. Almost every time I get a GM car from a rental company it has remote start capability.

My car was built in March 2019 and the other Mercedes Me features work fine. I've used remote locking and it notifies my phone if the car is left unlocked, but remote start is not included in the list of available functions.

I love the car, but leaving out the remote start and equipping it with halogen headlights seems like odd cost cutting to me.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts