Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else ships their clothes to the hotel?

I was just wondering if anyone else ships their clothes on to the hotel instead of trying to stuff everything in the trunk for a road trip. Mt wife and I are going on a road trip to the Upper Peninsula of Michigan for 12 days so we needed to take a bit warmer and thicker clothes on this trip. I was thinking that it would be easier to just send them on to the hotel and was wondering if anyone else does this?

By the way this trip will be a 1,700 miles not counting all the day trips. All of it top down, well as much my wife will allow anyway. :biglaugh:

·
Registered
844 Posts
Yes I have done this for motorcycle trips down the West Coast and the major hotels were quite good about it. My GF likes to dress for dining so we just send some of her clothes on ahead and then ship back once we move on. Depending on the hotel, we have had the hotel do some of the shipping for a small fee. Once I got used to this I do it more often now. We used a company called LuggageForward and it was about $200 our house to hotel and back. UPS was about the same cost but required different packaging (they didn't like our luggage).

Gordon

1 - 3 of 3 Posts