Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Followed the gentleman on a two lane and then behind him on a 4 lane in traffic. I "might" have been aggravating him a little bit. His tail lights would get larger and then smaller and then larger. Even though he was running a steady speed limit.
The we came to a stop light and I eased up beside him. The lane I am in is a turn lane and then a merge lane. The merge lane is 6-700 feet.

He revved up, I giggled......had him by 6 lengths before I merged in front of him. But the V8 did sound so good!

·
Super Moderator
11,513 Posts
Ya and he weighs a heck of a lot more. For most run of the mill opposition, the small hemi is enough. Ask me how I know :wink:

·
Super Moderator
11,513 Posts
I'll bit....how do you know🤦*♂
B4 I got Schwarzie (@4.2sec), I went through tires on the RT (5.8 sec+4400 lb; 2015 charger is 3900 lb vs 3200 lb for you) at the same rate I do now (every 20,000 mi or so).

·
Administrator - Founding Member since 2006
93,509 Posts
My new rate is now new rears every 6000 miles :D

·
Registered
3,400 Posts
You should be on the Frequent Buyer Plan :wink:
Why do you think they have a special red carpet with a label on it says (for Sarge only) that gets rolled out every time he comes around Mercedes? He buys everything from his dealer except for performance modifications. Oh, and wax - he buys that in bulk.

·
Super Moderator
11,513 Posts

·
Administrator - Founding Member since 2006
93,509 Posts
Anybody weigh one?
Curb weight 3220 lbs.

From edmunds.com 2004 SLK 32

Front Track 58.6 in.
Maximum Cargo Capacity 9.5 cu.ft.
Length 157.9 in.
Curb Weight 3220 lbs.
Cargo Capacity, All Seats In Place 9.5 cu.ft.
Drag Coefficient .35 cd.
Height 50.4 in.
Wheel Base 94.5 in.
Width 67.5 in.
Rear Track 58.5 in.

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
My new rate is now new rears every 6000 miles :D

So what are you using to get the burnt rubber off the lower rear quarters:wink:; pre treat with WD-40? Or do you just use tear-offs like they do on helmet visors during a race?

On the weight question; I think we might be discussing curb weight versus GVWR; as in max load. I know; not much for two people and what luggage will fit in the trunk when the roof is down, but then again these weren't meant for hauling heavy equipment.

·
Registered
849 Posts
So what are you using to get the burnt rubber off the lower rear quarters:wink:; pre treat with WD-40? Or do you just use tear-offs like they do on helmet visors during a race?

On the weight question; I think we might be discussing curb weight versus GVWR; as in max load. I know; not much for two people and what luggage will fit in the trunk when the roof is down, but then again these weren't meant for hauling heavy equipment.
Yeah, Sarge must love his burnouts! I should get over 20k out of my tires.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts