Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member 1999 SLK230-sold
15,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK than for all your Doctors People that keep People alive here on this Forum

Thank you for what you do everyday... but I am sticking to my Headline.....

I worked on that darn RV all Day rolling around under fixing Stuff close to the Fuel Lines.... welding with an open Flame......:rockon::eek::eek:.... Stuff that Guys do......fixed and done..... Time to roll to the Pup in the RV for a cold Guiness before the Queen aka grumpy Betty rolls into the Garage to ask me about my Day.....

Just as I get my 1st Pint

my Phone rings.... Unknown Number ....:confused:..... I answer it.....

It is my MD.......

Dan.... it is Dr Madden lets talk about your yearly Check up.....

OK I said lets talk....

he goes all is fine except your Liver......it is inflamed......:confused::confused:

Ok what does that mean as I ordered another Pint......

Simple he said ....NO MORE PINTS FOR YOU .....or you are Dead in 5 Years......

Love my Doc he is straight forward none of that medical Talk.....

he would have been a great Mechanic....

I ask him now what Doc...???? He tells me to get a Hobby.....:(:(:( and quit drinking Pints.....

I said ...racing Scooters and Cars would be alright....???? He paused.....called me a bloody Fool doing Teenager Stuff at my Age....but if you must...... he said......GO FOR IT.....:rb:rb

So starting Monday.... yes we have to go to a Wedding Saturday..... I drain my Keg....

honestly stop Smoking was somewhat easy for me....... but giving up my beloved Guiness.....:(:(:(

will turn me into a mad Man in the Garage......

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts
IIRC, one serving per day is the limit (for beer it may be one pint or 250ml), for hard liquor, like whisky, it's 30ml.

One cannot say: "I didn't drink Monday through Friday, so on Saturday I can have 6 servings." Sort of like: drink-it-or-lose-it type thing :biglaugh:

·
15,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you Woolly...... honestly I can not blame my Md for my bad Habits.....since i was 16......

but it sure was a bloody good Time..... :biglaugh::D:D:D and even if my Dad would have been a MD........we Teens never would have listened.......:tu::tu::tu:

·
15,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Eddy, thank you for the break down ..... :( :( As a CDL Holder driving 2500 Miles a Week..... having a high risk Job..... dating an Irish Betty with 2 Teen Terrorists for the last 8 Years..... I thought drinking some Pints will keep me some what in good Health......:):)

Boy did my MD prove me wrong........:(:(

Kinda weird looking back on doing the stupid Stuff..... Years ago....

·
Premium Member 2008 SLK55 AMG "Mabel"
15,078 Posts
Sorry to hear your news mate. The excesses of our younger days inevitably catch up with us as we get older. :(

But never mind Daniel ..... you will be in good company!! :eek::eek::eek:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,117 Posts
as an MD myself, I'll say listen to your doctor!!! one a day is OK, but don't overindulge…never take Tylenol with any alcohol as the combination is dangerous….lay off for a while and you should be OK…make sure you follow-up with your doc for repeat testing….take care of yourself, the terrorists need you!!!:Beer::Beer:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts