Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you smoke?
And if you do, do you smoke in your car?
I smoke, and i do have to admit i smoke in my car. Try not to but after a stressful day its hard not to. Ash sucks into the boot all the time and requires a good hoover once a week at least. Smoking ban is coming in next month so i will quit and hopefully never smoke in car again!

·
Premium 2006 SLK55 AMG (Kleemann K2)
10,723 Posts
I dont smoke!

There are talks about adding regressive taxing system on some products ie cost lower the more its taxed eg Cigarettes.

·
Don - Founding Member #4
5,857 Posts
:td: Smoking sucks, literally. I hate it. I used to smoke, quit Oct 88, not one since. My wife smokes and she hears it from me everyday. She smokes in the cars and it makes a mess. I despise cleaning up the mess. Thanks for asking, I feel much better now.

·
Premium Member 2017 SLC 300 Founding member #7
2,158 Posts
No smoking here. I could never understand the allure. My wife smoked when I first met her. I told her I would give her a ring she admired if she quit. She hasn't smoked since.

D

·
0 Posts
I smoke occasionally but never in the cars or where i am in anybodies way i always make sure i go outside so as not annoy others.

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,400 Posts
Non-smoker here.

·
Founding Member
337 Posts
Yes....in the car and the house.

I do not use the ash tray in the car.....everything goes out the window.

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
I am not smoking, not drinking, not driving fast, do not like women. I have just one vice: I am lying.

·
Founding Member
4,599 Posts
Smoked for a short while in high school just to fit in, quit shorty after b/c I didn't enjoy it. Didn't smoked for 15 years then lit one up on new years eve and found out why I don't smoke in the first place. Plus cigarettes are expensive.

·
Premium Member 2000 SLK230 Over 100,000 miles!!!
2,093 Posts
Non Smoker here!

The wife teaches the Smoking Cessation Classes at North East Medical Hospital.

After Monday night poker, I have to peel my smoke filled cloths off before entering the house! :tazz:

I just love my buddies that smoke and say their house does not smell like an ashtray! LOL Trust me...It does. Just cause you don't smoke in your house...the smell of it in your cloths follow you into your house, into your couch when you sit down, etc. You may not smell it but non-smokers do.:soap:

Everyone we know that has used Chantix to stop smoking has stopped. So if you are interested in stopping smoking...Get a prescription for Chantix.

That reminds me...I need to go buy stock in that company!!!:rb LOL

SLKman:tu:

·
Premium Member 2000 SLK230
2,624 Posts
Non-smoker here, my wife neither. However, you'd not know it anytime we go out for dinner anywhere here in Germany. Our coats normally spend the night outside after an evening out so they don't still reek in the morning.

·
Registered
30 Posts
With all the overwhelming evidence that smoking helps give you several types of cancer, why would anyone still do it. I mean, this is your body, you only get one, think about it. My aunt recently died from pancreatic cancer because she smoked for years. The sight of her before her death was enough to make me never want to touch a cigarette ever.

Sorry if I offended any smokers. I know you're adults, and can make your own decisions. I don't care if you do something b/c it makes you feel good/ relaxed. But if that think simultaneously does significant damage to your body... Well, lets just say I thought most guys on this site would be smarter than to do something like that.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I'm also a smoker but I never smoke in a car (any car).

None offence taken Borderwave2! What you say is totaly true!
I frequently say all these to myself but so far I haven't managed to quit smoking! There had been only non-smoking intervals of 2-3 months!

I know it doesn't make sence, since it's globaly known and proven how much damaging smoking is. Nevertheless people do it.
I quess it's something like the right diet: we all know what we should be eating, but the majority eat junk food all the time!
I confess that's another thing I do which I'm not proud of.

Humans are... strange???

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.