Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Red Devil
Discussion Starter #1
I always get that occasion around here, maybe they see me as AMG for real lol, I just enjoy racing them even if am losing I don't care I want to have fun or else I won't ever go fast in it.

So I was driving at midnight then the corvette c7 was passing by but then brakes right beside me ... I dunno what it wants so I figured immediately to put S gear and S button below the radio then go to gear 2, since it's a corvette he can catch up so I went ahead and full throttle, he took some time to catch up which I had big question mark above my head then simply gave up the chase, maybe the car is still too new to full throttle.

After some weeks or months I don't remember, another midnight cruise, Porsche turbo and a corvette c6 stopping at red light with me in middle, I said why not join them? alright M2 sport annnnd go, another shocking thing is that they only passed by two cars hmm even tho they were dragging each other so no chance it was fake drag as we hit 180 km/h before we all used brakes, if I had AMG I would be with them.

So am guessing .... THOSE TIMES on sites are fake!

Premium Member
The times on them all are fake......even ours. Well, maybe not fake...just timed at optimum. Stats on my SLK32 say to 60 in 4.4.
Ain't gonna happen. Best I can do with regular street tires is a 5.0. But I am happy馃槇馃槇馃槇馃槇馃槇

Founding Member #2
I always get that occasion around here, maybe they see me as AMG for real lol, I just enjoy racing them even if am losing I don't care I want to have fun or else I won't ever go fast in it.

So I was driving at midnight then the corvette c7 was passing by but then brakes right beside me ... I dunno what it wants so I figured immediately to put S gear and S button below the radio then go to gear 2, since it's a corvette he can catch up so I went ahead and full throttle, he took some time to catch up which I had big question mark above my head then simply gave up the chase, maybe the car is still too new to full throttle.

After some weeks or months I don't remember, another midnight cruise, Porsche turbo and a corvette c6 stopping at red light with me in middle, I said why not join them? alright M2 sport annnnd go, another shocking thing is that they only passed by two cars hmm even tho they were dragging each other so no chance it was fake drag as we hit 180 km/h before we all used brakes, if I had AMG I would be with them.

So am guessing .... THOSE TIMES on sites are fake!
I think this is telling you to get a V8 (not the veggie drink), I mean a SLK55.

Super Moderator
Times are irrelevant, unless they are lap times.

Timing (when & how hard, to drop, grip level, when to lift, road condition/camber/potholes) matters.

A really good driver in average car can beat an average driver in a good car.

You can even see it in the top level, formula one.
What happens in the wet?
The top (and by some margin at times) can be beaten by the middle order.
Sometimes that's the driver
Others the machine Often it's the ability to adapt.

If you timed a perfect driver in a car today & then again in a couple of month the times would differ
even though the two key factors are the same.

Red Devil
Discussion Starter #7
You might enjoy watching how Car and Driver performs its testing for specifications like 0-60 times, braking, etc..

< They used an R172 AMG for this video. >

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5J1ICrK36RI
Thanks for the vid but their tests is on flat roads with nothing wrong with them, mine is covered with too much stones made into a road that isn't flat as I can feel the noise coming from the tire, if I was on their road I would giveout the best number, I tested it yesterday but the wind was too strong so it was a no go for me.

Also is there a way to avoid the lag from accelerator when I hit full throttle? I don't want to install a part, I just want a gear to set on to avoid it, I use M2 but sometimes it still takes awhile for it to see that I floored it.

Doesn't our cars look way better without plates? every car looks hot without front plates! they cover the beauty.

I think this is telling you to get a V8 (not the veggie drink), I mean a SLK55.
I don't see anybody with AMG here, they pick a porsche instead, also the prices of SLK is way down now around here, mine can cost up to 25,000$ 2012, I saw an AMG being sold for 40,000$ .... pretty unwanted here even porsche boxster now.

From our roads I can see why it doesn't hold it's price, 2 seat means not familiy friendly, our roads full of holes that it broke my shock absorber and killed 2 ties right away, All the guys here pick american cars, too bad the police hate usa cars and no matter what you do to a german car they won't do anything except salute you.

Founding Member #2

Super Moderator
If the AMG55/63 etc isn't popular and price is low (as is fuel cost) all I can say is...

Their loss could be your gain.

You only have two seats anyway, no change.
Better handling, brakes, suspension.

And it isn't like having the same car as everyone else...UNIQUE!

Administrator - Founding Member since 2006

Red Devil
Discussion Starter #11
I meant by around here is around the country I live in sorry for misunderstanding, even the other AMGs I don't see them on the roads, they are always for sale as used, and why the hell would a porsche try to chase a regular lancer not evo then ask if it's an evo :\ awkward

Banned
What happens in the wet?
The top (and by some margin at times) can be beaten by the middle order.
Sometimes that's the driver
Others the machine Often it's the ability to adapt.
I don't race in the wet, despite excellent tires and an LSD. If someone wants to race in the wet, they can go for it, but I'm not going to. If they think that makes them win, then so be it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts