Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car is going in for a service tomorrow, so after all my hard work detailing it I thought I would create a sign in case the reception guys do not pass on the message.

In lieu of someone clever creating a SLW World one, here is a link you guys might find useful.

Just edit sign text and print - Please DO NOT Wash Car thank you was my choice. You might need something stronger :grin:

online Sign v4 free printable safety sign maker

·
Administrator - Founding Member
92,737 Posts
Good idea. My service record at Tampa Mercedes has 'do not wash' on it. they stamp the service order, they stamp the tag attached to my keys. One time, after service, they washed my car. When I mentioned it to my rep after it was delivered to me after washing in spite of the do not wash warning, I later found out they fired the guy that had delivered my car to the car washers. I said, you fired him because he had my car washed? They said, no, he had other infractions.

·
Banned
974 Posts
Being dong this for years, given that I am now on my third black car.
I place a LARGE pre-printed sign on the dashboard & also ensure the service people know of my instruction. The car is always delivered gleaming in any case.
Happy for them to vacuum the carpets though.

·
Premium Member
3,047 Posts
I said, you fired him because he had my car washed?
Seriously! Fired?! that seems like a totally inappropriate punishment.
He should have been flogged!
>:D

·
Registered
246 Posts
Same here, Left an A4 sized sign telling them not to wash the care with a few expletives to emphasise the point.
They have complied so far...
But I always get the usual response from the reps along the following lines:

" You do realise that the complementary free wash has actually been included in your service price"
(Stating the bleeding obvious, which everyone knows).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts