Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
24,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to the likes of Photoracket and others
many of the accompanying photos in DiY threads are now missing.:surprise::crying:

So, if you are looking at doing some diy please take some shots.:wink:

If you add them in a reply then mods can add them to the earlier posts.

There are many of us on here that are not home mechanics (myself included).
The diy threads are so good that they encourage us to have a go.
Photos are an essential part of this.

You're thinking 'why not get the original posters to do this?'.
Simple, many threads are ten years old. You try finding a photo (or several) from that far back.
A handful of members wrote many of the diy threads.
Let's lend a hand and help restore these threads back to the original condition.

Thank you for reading and thanks in advance to those that help out on this project.:smile:

Myk

Note: IF A DiY THREAD IS CLOSED (ie you are unable to add a reply).
Then please post a link to the thread here and add your photos here.
We can sort it on a quiet night (when JB is in Vegas :D )

·
Super Moderator
24,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
A handy tip from Len.

I've been able to restore photos from threads started by other people that have been photobricked..

What you can try (if you need a pic that's been hijacked) is to copy a phrase from that thread and relevant to that pic (or google a question related to that problem) and then in the google "answer", hit images. You may be able to find a pic that has been archived by google.

You can then link that archived pic to the thread in question on this site.

·
Super Moderator
24,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Another handy tip from Steve:

Steve P Raper said:
Hi, ties in with Len's tip but you can use Wayback Timemachine to reveal old sites too.

Link ... Wayback Machine

paste the url in there and it can (sometimes) show history going...well...wayback.

hope it helps
Steve

·
Premium Member
760 Posts
boot wiring fixed

We'll that was a cold day spent outside .. but pleased with the results.

First I found an old repair that had failed as they left the joint at the bend point of the wire!
So I then cut the old wiring back and made new joints protected with heat-shrink and new protective cover, pushing the joined wires up into the inside of the boot and then repeated half way down the lower strut (so the joint is protected by the plastic wire cover / protector).

I used a 7 core 'tow bar' cable plus a separate brown wire as that's twice the size of the others. also managed to feed the cable for the reversing camera through the protector at the same time so very happy with the repair :smile:

from https://www.slkworld.com/general-discussion/255514-what-did-you-do-your-slk-today-336.html#post4470463

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts