Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered 2001 SLK320
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After purchasing a set of all black seats with the idea of switching the passenger seat with my current driver seat, I ran across this set or red and black seats with broken stitches on driver seat. So...I purchased a second set of seats, "red and black ones" and this is my handy work stitching things up. I also went from electric seats to manual, I happen to appreciate the manual seats! Pictures of all the materials I used to do the stitch up, I purchases everything from Joann fabrics! Curved needle and needle nose pliers are a must for this particular stitch. it's hard pushing/pulling the needle through the leather. I tried to use existing holes as much as possible Will it last?

Attachments

·
Registered 2005 SLK55 AMG
1,697 Posts
^ I salute your effort - very neat - well done! I'm contemplating something similar on my bolster, despite that a professional trimmer said it couldn't be done. Just can't face all the hassle (and expense) of removing the seat to have new panels patched in. My main problem at the moment is finding the right quality of black thread and an appropriate needle.
Another problem I foresee is the leather tearing when using a cross-stitch on an area which is subjected to a lot of stress. We'll see...

·
Super Moderator CA 2012 SLK55 AMG w/P30
13,326 Posts
I see a 1000% improvement there. Good work :tu:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts