Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
181 - 185 of 185 Posts

·
*Registered
2010 SLK350
241 Posts
I've seen this video online (Youtube), it's one of two, and it's pretty worthless as far as the cabin filter goes. The other is better but not great.

·
*Registered
2010 SLK350
241 Posts
2010 Has different cabin air filter under dash cover

It only has two tork screws and the cover extends down the side of the transmission tunnel and is held in place by the DC socket:surprise:

I have an excellent independent Mercedes mechanic that I first went to 40 years ago. I'll let him or his son do it.

Attachments

·
*Registered
2005 SLK350
24 Posts
The first post of this thread is missing one of the plastic sliding clips. Unfortunately, one must buy he whole cover (171-830-02-52) to get the clips. I you need one, I have an extra I can sell... :(

·
*Registered
2010 SLK350
2 Posts
Thanks to slk350NCLS63 for the original post. I am a new SLK owner and job no. 1 was to clean the cabin filter and freshen up the aircon system. It was smelly! I just wish I had read all the thread as I thought I had invented the idea od using double sided tape to hold the filter in place while putting back the cover. But I see that Dansslk had already done it! Anyway after cleaning the filter I used a can of STP aircon freshener to get rid of hte smells.
Really enjoying the car. Haven't had as good a car since my 1972 911T. But that was totally different of course. And after a 200 mile drive I knew about it.

181 - 185 of 185 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.