Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So a few weeks ago my roof wouldn't come up. I thought it was the cylinders and I prepared myself for pain.

Something odd though, everything seemed to function OK, the trunk would reverse open and then the whole process would freeze. The roof would sometimes go up if I let go of the button and tried again, or if I jiggled the trunk.

Low and behold, the trunk limiter switch. It's a small switch just behind the tail light and under the plastic trunk cladding on the passenger side of the trunk.

Pelican parts and most DIY will tell you that you need to remove the entire trunk liner. But I'm generally very lazy so I started looking at options. If you look at the part, there aren't any places for screws which means I wouldn't have to shove screws into tight places. Good for me. Also, the back of the part looked like it slid into place and one of the little clips looked like a button. Also good for me.

So I pulled the plastic bolt out of the top side of the passenger side trunk liner, and pulled out the panel behind the CD changer to have a look. All you do is press the back "button" and slide the sensor downwards. I pulled it out from behind the CD changer, unplugged it from the power cable, plugged the new one back in, and slid it back into place.

Easy peasy!

Top going up and down without a hitch so far, so hopefully that solves all my problems.

Since the only DIY I saw advocated removing the entire trunk liner, I figured I'd post here.

Cheers!

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.