Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my country roads are terrible, there lots of holes on the roads and roads are not straight, always decreasing or increasing.. When all this terrible conditions combines with holes my car starts to make noises, this roads causes my car to create noises.. Please help me with this im sick of these sounds. When i see bumper or a hole, suddenly i press brakes very strong to make my car deadly slow, not to hear the noises coming from interior. Please help or im gonna sell this car it's very annoying.

i ask some of my friends and they tell that i have to put some felt on the 2 side of the hardtop, exactly to the point when you close top the point where two meets. the car and top. Any suggestions?

felt:stuff made of matted fibers of wool

P.S:pLEASE HELP ME. =) the writing seems a bit crazy i know excuse me.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Well, first off you have to check and make sure it's aligned properly, then you use this Pledge stuff to lube the seals up (elsewhere on the forum). More knowledgable people will chime in soon.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thank you racercub but i think i already tried all that stuff. I bought 12 or 13 different types of oil or things like oil to get rid of the noise but nothing had cut off noises permanently..

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
dmjonez the issue in pm, is my mistake. I realized that it was written it wrong place so i wrote that again but not gonna happen again. Sorry for that..

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,196 Posts
Welcome from Valrico, Florida!
And welcome to this great forum!

Please update your location and vehicle info in your profile as it helps the members answer any questions you might have based on locale.
usercp, edit your details, location/vehicle.

If you have not, please use the 'search this forum' feature for your questions as they have probably been asked before.
In addition, If you have not, please post your questions in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response.
And finally, if you find something useful on your visit here today, please consider donating for security updates and repairs to the site. Any amount is welcome! Thanks!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi everyone from istanbul Turkiye (Turkey)
2005 SLK 200 with all options selected, amg package..
2007 E class 200 again.
We got lots of 200 k around turkey because of the tax. Today a slk 200 in mercedes dealer with little options price is 78.000 euro. I mean little options not includes nav, dvd, cd changer, command, memory seats..
But i've been in L.A for a month at 2004 and seen lots of 55 after that i started to hate my government because of tax policy that is imposed to us

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
İ have but when i go and complain about the noises the only answer that i heard is "it's roadster car what you were expecting? " They say that the roof includes two sides one of them is plastic and the other one is metal when it's closed they touch each other and make noise so it cant be fix there gonna be noises. One thing they do is put some oil on both sides and then say goodbye come again. To sum up i have to do something on my own

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.